Webinar Staff "add to calendar" link for Google Calendar and Outlook ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

0 Kudos

The "Manage Webinar" page provides a link called "Add to Calendar".  In Google Chrome, the link just downloads an .ics file, which, doesn't help with Google Calendar.  It should either:

1. be change to a drop-down (similar to what you get when you register for a webinar) that includes "Add to Google Calendar" (among the other options included in on the register confirmation page) <or>

2. the link should be changed to be an actual ical link instead of just downloading an .ics file.

Thanks!

Bill

26 Comments
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @acs_jay ,

When you download the .ics file from GoToWebinar, you can 'save' this first, before deploying / opening by the calendar app of your choosing.  There's no way to 'automatically' do this for Google Calendar.

CanelaVerde
Active Contributor

Guys this is woefully insufficient. Requiring users to download ics files and upload them to google caledar is a sign of lazy development. Every other platform calls a google calendar event page for the user to save. In fact most users of Google Calendar don't even know how to work this ics upload process.

I counted the number of mouse clicks if you do it perfectly. 12 clicks to add a calendar entry.  This should be 2 clicks!

KaseyO
Visitor

Any update on this? Requiring users to download .ics files and upload is not making people happy!

CanelaVerde
Active Contributor

How has this not been addressed yet?  We are CONSTANTLY dealing with our presenters not having events in their calendar because this process is so ridiculous. PLEASE FIX THIS.

webinarsctct
Active Contributor

I'm testing out the best way to create a webinar series.

I've created it how I would need it to show for my real event coming up in a few months but when I test the registration, it doesn't give me an option to add it to Google Calendar which is going to be missing a large chunk of our audience.

I've chosen the option to have them register for all sessions at once. It only shows the options for "Outlook Calendar" and "iCal."

Is this a glitch that can be fixed?

Here's a screenshot. Same thing on the registration page, right after submitting registration info.

webinar series ex.png

KateG
GoTo Moderator
Status changed to: Reviewed by moderator