cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xpotlight
Active Contributor

An attendee indicated her presence but she was shown as absent in the Attendee Report.

Hi, 

We just had a 4-hour webinar and an attendee insisted that she attended the webinar whereas in the Attendee Report, she was shown as absent with no minutes of presence in the webinar room. Could there be a possibility that the report could be wrong or have some glitches?

17 REPLIES 17
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: An attendee indicated her presence but she was shown as absent in the Attendee Report.

I've seen people connect to the webinar via phone-only and thus they are listed as absent.

Some register twice and thus get the absentee email for one email address

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: An attendee indicated her presence but she was shown as absent in the Attendee Report.

@xpotlight  Are you able to ascertain what device or operating system the affected Attendee was using?

Is there any evidence of them answering a Polling Question or asking a Question to Organizer while in the live broadcast?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
xpotlight
Active Contributor

Hi @AshC , @Chris Droessler thanks  for your replies.

Before contacting the user, I need to ask all the relevant questions and now I've gathered that we need to find out the following:

• What device she is using
  • What OS (Browser?)
  • If she is using a phone to log in

What I do know is that she just clicked on the 'Attend Webinar' button from the email reminder and she managed to log in. Kindly let me know all the questions that I need to ask so that I will only approach her once. After which I will update on this thread for further investigation.

Thanks all.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@xpotlight  I would ask what operating system they utilize for webinars and if they downloaded the software at all.  Then check the webinar reports for Questions they may have asked or Polls answered.

xpotlight
Active Contributor

Thanks @AshC for your reply.

We didnt have any polls during the webinar and she (the participant) didn't ask any questions.

So we can only ask which OS she used, from what device and if she has downloaded the app at all.

I will also ask if she received a 'thank you' email as an absentee or present participant. 

I would also ask how she got connected to the webinar (PC via link sent from GTW reminder email or phone).

If there are other questions I should ask, I would appreciate it greatly if you can let me know now because the participants are lawyers and doctors so I don't want to sent many emails regarding just one topic.

Thanks. 

xpotlight
Active Contributor

Just to provide a closure to the situation :

So we eventually found out that the participant (Participant A) used another participant's (Participant B) link to log in.  This is why we didn't see any Participant A's name in the report.

However, I'd like to know, if Participant A used Participant B's email to log in and Participant B claimed that he has also logged in, is this even possible? 

Thanks.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@xpotlight  You should not see duplicate entries if both attendees used the same join link.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You will see Participant B listed twice in the Attendee list within the GoToWebinar, but will see Participant B listed only once in the Attendee Report after the webinar.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

If this is a concern, you may now restrict attendees to just one usage of the webinar join-link:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-restrict-my-attendees-to-join-from-only-one-device