cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Are Attendees required to register before they can join a webinar?

Do participants need to register for a webinar, or can they just attend w/o pre-registration?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Are Attendees required to register before they can join a webinar?

Yes, all attendees must register first before they can attend a webinar. The minimum amount of registration information a webinar Organizer can require is the attendee's name and email address. It is not possible to disable the webinar registration.

https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar/resources

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
28 REPLIES 28
LogMeIn Manager

Yes, all attendees must register first before they can attend a webinar. The minimum amount of registration information a webinar Organizer can require is the attendee's name and email address. It is not possible to disable the webinar registration.

https://www.gotomeeting.com/webinar/resources

New Contributor

Hi, I’m just an attendee, and wants to attend on webinar. After logging user ID and password I get a message (pop up window) enter the meeting, webinar or training ID, this I do not have yet.
In fact I do not want to be the host/ organizer, and new to webinar, kindly guide to know the process.
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Sanjay, when you see a webinar advertised that you would like to attend, you need to register for it in order to attend. You do not need to register for a GoToWebinar account. http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/webinar/all_files/G2W030001

New Contributor

Hi - is this statement true: "Please note that when logging on to attend your desired webinar session, you must use the same computer you accessed when you completed your pre-registration process."  ?

Thanks for any insights - Paul 

LogMeIn Manager

Hi Paul, no that statement is incorrect. As long as you have your confirmation email after registering, you can use any computer that meets our system requirements, or one of our free mobile apps to attend your webinar.

New Contributor

Do the attendees recieve full instructions on how to download and attend, when they register?
Or do I need to send out instructions?
New Contributor

Yes, anyone who registers receives full easy instructions on how to attend the webinar.  They receive three e-mails with essentially the same message - one right after registering, one 24 hours prior to the webinar, and a third message one hour prior to the webinar.  Each e-mail has a live link (with instructions) on clicking on the link at the appropriate time to attend the webinar.
New Contributor

Is it possible to offer a GoToWebinar that does not require any registration in advance?

I am hoping to set up a series of virtual demos where people can join at will to listen and ask questions. I do not want them to have to pre-register, but rather join immediately and bi-pass the registration process. I have attended demos like this recently and would like to replicate, if possible, since we do not need to track individual participants for the series.
Contributor

Re: Is it possible to offer a GoToWebinar that does not require any registration in advance?

Hi Andrea,

Through GoToWebinar, the registration is always required.  At the very least the first name, last name and email address need to be entered in order to join a session.  If the sessions were done under a GoToMeeting plan there is no registration, but you would have less features for moderating a large group as GoToMeeting is meant to be more of an open forum.  Also, the max number of attendees that you can get through the GoToMeeting plans is 100, where as GoToWebinar offers plans for up to 1000.