cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

As the host of the webinar, am I able to monitor participants when they are inactive or may minimize their screen?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: As the host of the webinar, am I able to monitor participants when they are inactive or may minimize their screen?

Hi Shana,
There is an indicator on your Attendee pane of the GoToWebinar Organizer control panel, shown as a yellow triangle next to each name, which will tell you if someone doesn't have the GoToWebinar panel active in the foreground.

Ref:  Manage Attendees

2018-06-28_15-31-38.jpg

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: As the host of the webinar, am I able to monitor participants when they are inactive or may minimize their screen?

Hi Shana,
There is an indicator on your Attendee pane of the GoToWebinar Organizer control panel, shown as a yellow triangle next to each name, which will tell you if someone doesn't have the GoToWebinar panel active in the foreground.

Ref:  Manage Attendees

2018-06-28_15-31-38.jpg

View solution in original post

New Contributor

Hi Shana,

Yes, absolutely! If you open the "Attendees" section of your control panel, you'll see a symbol that looks like a yellow triangle with an exclamation point inside it pop up next to the person's name whenever someone has placed another window over your shared screen or have minimized it entirely. I'm sure you already know that you can also view their overall attentiveness (0-100) in the attendee report following the conclusion of the webinar.

Hope this helps!

Angel.
Respected Contributor

However, just because GTW is not in the forefront of the computer does not mean they are not paying attention.  If an attendee accidentally clicks on the computer desktop, but still devotes their entire attention to the webinar, they might be counted as 0% active.  Or if they quickly dismiss a Java update request, that might not bring GTW to the front, which might make them look inactive.

If measuring attentiveness is important, you should consider using polls and having them type comments throughout the webinar.  That is a true measure of attentiveness, rather then whether GTW was the last thing that was clicked.  A followup quiz (formative assessment) would be a good way to measure attentiveness.

If you use the built-in attentivness metric, you should tell participants to click on the GTW control panel to ensure that it is at the front of the screen and being counted as active.