cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
scolella

Assistance With Small Business Resource Seminars

Hi -

I am a business and training consultant for Maryland's Small Business Development Center - a non-profit agency funded by the US Small Business Administration and the State of Maryland that offers FREE consulting and training to small businesses. As you can imagine, we are currently serving THOUSANDS of businesses state wide, trying to keep entrepreneurs up-to-date with resources, programs, and most importantly, information that can help their businesses survive this very difficult time.

Last week I hosted two free webinars reaching over 1000 business owners, offering timely, relevant information about governmental programs that can assist these individuals with obtaining financial relief during this crisis. With the passage of the CARES Act last Friday, I am hosting two additional webinar sessions this week; these sessions have been picked up throughout the state of Maryland and are now being joined by individuals in several other neighboring states.

Unfortunately, my organization does not have the budget or ability to upgrade our webinar subscription to support these additional attendees; my understanding is that currently, we are capped at 500 live attendees per session, and my webinars from last week that served only four counties of our state nearly reached that cap. I am deeply concerned that we are going to hit that cap with our webinar sessions tomorrow and Thursday, but as I mentioned, we don't have the capacity to upgrade.

I am wondering if there are non-profit rates or if a temporary escalation of my agency's GoToWebinar access could be provided so that we can continue to offer FREE support to the hundreds (and now thousands) of businesses that are looking to us for information on how they can survive this challenging period of time.

I am happy to provide additional verification of my employment, my agency's mission, the content of my webinars, the provisions that state that we are not profiting from or charging for these sessions, etc. Thank you in advance.

Best,

Steven Colella

Business Consultant, Maryland's SBDC

www.marylandsbdc.org

scolella@harford.edu

2 REPLIES 2
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Re: Assistance With Small Business Resource Seminars

Hi Steven,

I am in Maryland, and I offer a free series of webinars as well. I would be happy to talk with you about how I can help you with your problem by hosting your webinars for you. Please contact me. 

Fran Simon, M.Ed.

Engagement Strategies

Early Childhood Webinars

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Assistance With Small Business Resource Seminars

Thanks Fran.

Scolella,

You will probably not get an official GoTo response here to your request.  The main reason is that the people who could fulfill your request don't hang out here.

Best to call the GoTo sales office at

With the pandemic going on, the wait time on the phone can be quite long.