cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CarolineB
Active Contributor

Attendee can't join webinar as downloads are barred

Hi 

Is there a solution to allow attendees to join webinars via browser without requiring a download? We have some attendees who are barred from downloading software to their computers and this includes asking them to download other browsers.

thanks

Caroline

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Attendee can't join webinar as downloads are barred

CarolineB
Active Contributor

Thanks, I notice from the thread that this isn't an official solution yet and that they are looking into a way to make it scaleable. Has there been any update since then, and on making it compatible with other browsers? It's not really practical to tell people to add text to their url, I usually don't know who is having access issues until after the webinar has started.

Tags (1)
AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@CarolineB  If you schedule the webinar in 'webcast' mode then it will force all attendees to use their web browser instead of desktop.  In the future we will be offering the choice to attendees so their decision will be recognized in subsequent GoTo join flows.

CarolineB
Active Contributor

Thanks Ash, do you know when this development will be rolled out? It seems like this has been an issue since 2016? Webcast won't work for us as attendees can only join in listen only mode.

AshC
LogMeIn Contributor

@CarolineB  From what I understand, the ability for Attendees to choose their join method preference is coming this year.  Currently the participant would need to alter their webinar join link parameters manually in order to force the web app flow.