cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Attendees cannot print certificate

I issue certificates with monthly webinars we host... while there are always 1 or 2 people who cannot figure out how to print the certificate, last month there were a slew of them! I'm hosting this month's webinar right now... want to be prepared on what to suggest if the same occurs. Any suggestions? Thanks!

11 REPLIES 11
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Attendees cannot print certificate

@SaraLynn  I'm sorry to hear about this. 

The printing of GoToWebinar Certificates is done all through the Attendee's web browser.  Depending on the operating system and web browser in use, they may be able to press the Ctrl + P keys to open a printing menu item.

New Contributor

@AshC  Sorry - let me explain further. They can not download the certificate to print it. It just keeps buffering. Help?

LogMeIn Contributor

@SaraLynn If you have one of the followup emails, are you able to view/download the Certificate?

Highlighted
New Contributor

@AshCI can always download and print it. Attendees contact me when they cannot.  Just occurred to me... maybe I should tell them to try another browser.

LogMeIn Contributor

@SaraLynn Yes, testing alternate web browsers is a good first troubleshooting step when this happens.  If you are able to recreate this yourself though, please let us know what browser versions are affected.

New Contributor

@AshC We find that people using any version of Internet Explorer cannot open the certificate.  Is there any way to get this to work in Explorer, as many of our attendees are from Hospitals where computer systems are locked down and they cannot use other browsers/upgrade to Edge.  Thanks!

LogMeIn Contributor

@fishyfears  Sorry for the conflicts there! 

These certificates should be visible in Internet Explorer, as long as the users have permissions to download the image etc.  If this is failing for some, you might ask for their IE version so that we may try to replicate or confirm that there is an update in order.  Alternatively, they can try to access the certificates on a mobile device or from another location at a later point.

New Contributor

@AshC Thanks for the response.  I have had attendees at several instutitions try to open the certificate with Explorer and it has not worked for them.  I also have tried on my own computer, and it will not open in Explorer.  Currently I direct them to copy the link and open it in a different browser, but I have to walk many of the less tech-savy users through the process and it is a big resource drain.  I am currently using version 11 (Or more specifically, 11.0.9600.19230) and it will not open.  

LogMeIn Contributor

@fishyfears  Can you confirm the format of the images used on the GoToWebinar Certificate?  (GIF/PNG/JPG formats should have no problem) 

Are there any error messages, or does there appear a connection failure attempt?