cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helen Garner
Active Contributor

Audience View disappeared on changing presenter??

I just ran a webinar as organiser. The presenter (not me) is a long time GoTo user so understands the platform. They were however using a new computer for the first time - Mac. They logged in ok. We saw their webcam ok. Audio ok.

It seemed all good until I made them Presenter - at which point the 'Audience View' panel disappeared.

So we could see all Presenter and Panellist webcams - but not the Presenter's screen to show the powerpoint.

From the presenter's perspective, they thought they had full 'Sharing' functions - could see the controls and shared their screen - but for the rest of us there was nothing, not even a blank screen because it was like the Audience View no longer existed.

We switched back to me as Presenter and the Audience View panel reappeared. Switched back and it disappeared again. They logged out and rejoined - same issue. Aaargh!!

Can anyone help me understand what happened here? And of course, how we could fix this?

Thanks a bunch.

Helen

4 REPLIES 4
JHB
Frequent Contributor

Re: Audience View disappeared on changing presenter??

Audience view feature isn't available on the Mac, I believe. 

I usually encourage my Mac presenters to log in as an attendee on their phone or other device (mute everything) if they are working solo and want the comfort of seeing what is being broadcast.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Audience view was not available on the Mac in the past, but is now part of the Mac GoTo Control Panel.

I always have a second device connected to the webinar so I can see what the audience sees, as well as to see the visual indicator of my audio, which gives me confidence that the audience can hear me.

JHB
Frequent Contributor

Good to know. I had a Mac user present for me in May and again about 3 weeks ago. She had no presenter panel. It may be a version issue. Next time I'll suggest she remove the app and start fresh.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Helen Garner  You would not see the 'Audience View' pane when someone else is presenting, as their screen sharing should then appear in the actual viewer window.  If nobody saw their screen, then we'd want to know more about their local environment, such as the device / operating system / network connection type / presentation material.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!