cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ken4
Frequent Contributor

Audio Issues in current situation

Hi, last couple of webinars we've conducted, the presenters using computer audio or headset connected to computer had issues where their audio would cut in and out at times. The presenters using a phone, had no issues. 

For now, we're going back to forcing our presenters to use land line first, cell second, and expect issues with presenting over the computer. 

I'm sure this will clear up again over time.

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Audio Issues in current situation

We had a large meeting today where most of the presenters used the computer audio.  We did not have an issue, except for one who has a crappy microphone.

I think the real problem is slow or overburdened wifi, which of course becomes a non-issue when you use the phone for your audio unless you are using voice over IP rather than a regular phone.  What is a regular phone these days?

One of our phone callers today had a constant click on her line, like a clock.  She said it was not a noise in her room.

Ken4
Frequent Contributor

I believe more important is that they disconnect from VPN to present. I know the VPN can be a resource hog and cause issues with the computer audio. 

Do you preach this with presenters before going live? besides telling them to plug their computer in (hard wire) charge cell phone, brush your teeth, go potty etc etc. 

Thanks

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I had not thought about presenters using a VPN. I don't use one. It's another thing to add to the list of things to worry about.