cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Audio Issues which playing Videos, Classic Webinar

Hi, I have used the new Video feature around 40-50 times in the last few months.

I run a Classic webinar type, then play the pre-recorded Video which is uploaded to the webinar.

While 80-90% of attendees see the video and hear the audio perfectly fine, there is always a large proportion of people, I think around at least 10% who keep saying they cannot hear anything - they see the slides changing, but no audio.

Checking their sound settings etc does not work.

This is a much higher % of people with issues than if I run a normal Live webinar.

Also, while I'm talking live on the call, everything is fine, but as soon as I play the Video, those 10% or so of people can't hear the audio on the video.

Is this a known bug? How can we get this fixed? It's not nice to lose such a high % of people.

Thanks

Greg

4 REPLIES 4
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Audio Issues which playing Videos, Classic Webinar

Hi @gregbc ,

When you play a video through GoToWebinar, the audio feed switches to VoIP only at that time.  Attendees who are stuck with telephone only audio options won't be able to hear your viedo's audio feed at all unless they can figure out how to setup some desktop speakers somehow.

Playing Video feature reference guide:  https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120

New Contributor

Hi @AshC, thank you so much for your reply, thanks makes sense.

There is also a smaller % of people who say the can hear the audio on the video, but the volume is really low. They say that while I am speaking live, they can hear me normally, but the audio volume of recorded video is really low.

That's a minority of people though, most are fine.

Is there any reason why they can hear my fine live, but cannot during video playing? Is there anything in settings that they can tweak?

Thanks

LogMeIn Contributor

@gregbc Attendees on Windows can set different volume levels within the Volume Mixer, which may account for the lower volume when you play videos, compared to a breakout session etc.  I would have them check this area if they are joining through a Windows device.

Do you notice the volume level decrease in a recording  of these videos while in GoToMeeting yourself?

New Contributor

This has happened to me twice (where i couldn't hear the pre-recorded portion). Both times I was listening on bluetooth headphones and both times, when I turned off the headphones and went back to the laptop speakers, the audio returned. I was on Windows and I did not have to make any volume adjustments, just had to stop using bluetooth.