cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Audio disconnect every 10minutes for 20-30seconds Go to webinar

Same problem with gotomeeting: the sound drops for 30 seconds every 10 minutes working, the video runs good, we have updated network with dedicated optic fiber  connection.
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey Enrico,
A quick suggestion for testing purposes might be to run a traceroute from your network to 'egwglobal.gotomeeting.com' while in a GoToMeeting session to try and identify any recurring issues from your network to ours.  If the problems persist, and your network admin cannot locate any cycling issues with the routers etc, then we have support staff here that can help you confirm the issue:  http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/phone

New Contributor

Same problem for me. It all worked well until 2-3 weeks ago. The audio disconnects EXACTLY after 10 minutes, repeteadly for about 20-30 seconds.
New Contributor

It's not a network problem because the video runs continuolsy: it's just the audio that drops for all participants the conference. I've seen other people facing this problem asking questions...
LogMeIn Contributor

Hey there,
In these cases, many times there will be a network action taking place in the background, swapping in the transport protocol so the connection goes back and forth between UDP and TCP connections.  During these periods, your Audio Connectivity would be affected while still keeping the video portion of the meeting running.  You may want to discuss this specific scenario with your network admin for advice to avoid any similar behaviors.

If you'd like confirmation of this behavior yourself, we also have support staff that can help gather log files from your affected presentation PC to find these switching events.

New Contributor

We also have this exact issue. We have extremely high speed and consistent bandwidth both up and down. Exactly every 10mins, the audio over computer goes out for exactly 30 seconds. I have used multiple different laptops and desktops, microphones internal and external, wired and wireless... It only occurs on our office network. I have taken my laptop, that has this issue in the office, and used it on a much slower wireless network at home and it does not have this issue. 

So I do understand that it has something to do with our corporate network. What specific verbiage and tests can I run with our IS department to possibly rectify this issue? Obviously it's a firewall or other network routing issue. But considering this same 30 sec every 10min is happening with multiple networks, that must be a clue to what the culprit might be. Is there some sort of security firewall traffic prevention or shaping that can cause this?
LogMeIn Contributor

Hi David,
One quick thought I had was to see if your network behavior does anything regular at those intervals like renewing your IP address every so often?  If so, this would explain why audio is lost while video and the GoToMeeting continue the broadcast.

LogMeIn Contributor

Another thought might that you may have considered might be to try forcing Post 8200 on an affected PC through the GoToMeeting Connection Wizard to see if this helps with the audio drops:  http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/help_files/G2M050025?title=Test+Your+Network+Settings+...

Be sure to check the 'Advanced' box on the opening window in order to force changes down the line through the wiz.

New Contributor

We have thesame problems. I figured out in our firewall that some traffic got marked and blocked after 10 minutes. Then I found the following:

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/help_files/G2M060010

Still need to test this but seems that application firewalls can be the issue.
New Contributor

We had exact the same problems. Maybe you can find the solution here: http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/meeting/help_files/G2M060010