cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: Audio disconnect every 10minutes for 20-30seconds Go to webinar

this is also happening here in qatar. the audio keeps disconnecting. at first i thought it could a firewall issue, then i placed an exception to the point of disabling the entire firewall but it was still the same. there's an issue with your service and you need to further investigate this.
LogMeIn Contributor

This sounds like a known issue - G2W tries to establish a UDP connection for audio, the first return packet gets through but the subsequent packets are blocked by your firewall. G2W falls back to TCP, but after 10 Minutes tries again to establish the UDP connection, same procedure, first return packet gets in, switch over to UDP, subsequent packets get lost and after 30 seconds audio falls back to TCP.

To be sure that this is the problem, we would need to check the G2W logfile from the machine in question.

so what can you do about it:

you need to configure your firewall: Optimal Firewall Configuration

- best solution would be to enable UDP communication, as this also gives you the best quality. you have to allow UDP traffic to and from port 8200.

- second best: block UDP completely, so that TCP is used permanently. Might reduce quality slightly depending on your Internet connection, but at least you get rid  of the annoying interruptions every 10 minutes.

cheers

Robert

New Contributor

this  the begist problem we have now with gotomeeting Smiley Sad

we give a training and our teainer now in UAE, 

what we have exactly is "

Audio disconnect every 10minutes for 20-30seconds Go to Meeting

There was an audio disruption every 10minutes for 20-30seconds."

is any things blocked in UAE?

how we can solve this?

please advice 

Thanks

LogMeIn Contributor

Hello there,

If you are connecting to the GoTo broadcast via telephone, your audio should not cut in and out or disconnect randomly while you are still in session with your computer connected to the internet.

There are no 'blocks' or connection problems to the UAE that I am aware of, but there is a new VOIP law in effect that should be considered:  UAE VoIP Discussion

Typically if you are connected via mic & speakers, and you see audio connection failure messages in the GoTo application, it will be indicative of local area network problems at the Organizer location specifically.

New Contributor

I have been experiencing this same issue for the last 3 monthly meetings I've attended on GoToMeeting.  I have opened up the ports that were recommended on the firewall.  I even switched to phone audio, and when the audio would disconnect from the meeting on the computer, it actually even hung up the phone connection.  I called into customer support, and basically the response was to try another browser next month.  Can anyone help with this? Is there a log file that could be reviewed to find the cause?

LogMeIn Contributor

@neilrapp  Sorry about that.  I'll try to address those concerns:

1.  The issue on this thread is usually related to network latency (we don't have any service issues like this on conference lines currently)

2.  If you do not enter your audio PIN on the telephone keypad, then you should remain connected regardless of your desktop software connection status.

3.  I don't personally believe this is related to specific web browser versions, though if you were connected via GoToMeeting WebApp then I would suggest trying the desktop or mobile apps as alternatives.

New Contributor

Thank you so much.  Those are good things for me to try.