cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
Active Contributor

BEYOND FURIOUS AT THE LACK OF SUPPORT

I've spent 2 hours trying to reach support, for 3 people to hang up at me, and 1 to give me a number for internet support before I can tell him why I'm calling. I would like to cancel, but I first need to complete one more webinar next week. 

So I had a large webinar and the chat was disabled for participants to chat the larger group which ruined the format we had  planned, but I'm not aware of this being a setting. They were supposed to share with the group over chat and could not.  Secondly, I wanted to find out if there are ways to create break out groups like with Zoom. I've talked to the Chat bot who is not intitutive, only to end up calling support and have neve gotten anything helpful back from any contact with GotoWebinar. Most likely will cancel as this is my job, and I cannot rely on the technology if there is no support to back it up. 

Does anyone know how to renable the chat features, and if there is a way to do breakout groups among attendees?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: BEYOND FURIOUS AT THE LACK OF SUPPORT

You can't turn on chat for the entire group. The chat is only for people to chat to the presenters and organizers. We work around that by inviting people to put their comments and ideas in the Q&A pane and then we can promote them to the group. It takes more work, but it is good because we can filter out inappropriate comments. 

Also, GTW does not have breakout rooms. If you want break out rooms, you have to use GoToTraining. 

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I gave a similar reply to Fran in this other discussion where you posted a similar question.

https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Chat-box-not-working/m-p/220168#M21770 

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Thanks - this isn't a great feature for us because we work with adult professionals who use discretion and we'd like them to be able to speak amongst themselves and share and learn from each other. It would be better if the organizer could turn this function on or off. As other platforms are trying to be more engaging, feels like GTW is resistant towards positive change. 

Thanks for your laying it out -- in this next webinar we will uplift the comments and then move to another platform. This is bulky and expensive for not having the flexibility or support. Our participants and speakers have complained, so it's not worth us losing partners over this tiny feature. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

GoToWebinar is not for everyone, but at least you have offered some suggestions for added features.   I hope you find the tool you seek.