cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jenstubbs89

BST vs GMT

We have a series of webinars set up to start at 8pm.

They have all been saved with the set up as below;

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 18.01.55.png

Since we moved to BST the webinar has corrected itself in the set up menu to this;

Screenshot 2020-05-11 at 18.03.27.png

But when the reminder goes out it is saying 7pm GMT. Although in theory 7pm GMT is the same as 8pm BST and therefore correct, most won't remember that they need to add the hour on and be online at 8pm.

How do we get the reminders to correct themselves and say 8pm BST?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: BST vs GMT

@JessB1   Did you schedule this event using the Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London zone specifically?   "BST," it is automatically adjusted from UTC + 0 hours to UTC + 1 hour during daylight savings time.  The option listed under (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time is UTC + 0 year-round.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi Jen,

If I'm correct, then this is an issue being fixed currently, and the workaround is to have your attendees add to their calendar.

JessB1
Active Contributor

Hello,

Is there any update on this? I'm still having the same issue with webinars at the moment. Only time zone I have is GMT, this puts all my webinars out by an hour, along with the 1hr notice email sending at the time the webinar actually starts.

Thanks, Jess 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@JessB1   Did you schedule this event using the Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London zone specifically?   "BST," it is automatically adjusted from UTC + 0 hours to UTC + 1 hour during daylight savings time.  The option listed under (GMT) Greenwich Mean Time is UTC + 0 year-round.

JessB1
Active Contributor

@AshC Thank you Ash - Just check and I was set to just GMT not GMT Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London.  All fixed now!

Thank you again!