cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
To help support our community and customers during the outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19), LogMeIn is providing free Emergency Remote Work Kits for Health Care Providers, Educational Institutions, Municipalities, Non-Profit organizations, and current LogMeIn customers. For more information please visit https://www.gotomeeting.com/work-remote
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: HTML Links in Follow Up emails?

Do you have to paste the URL or can you hyperlink? Is there a way to get a test send so I can see what the links look like?
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Sarah, you simply copy and paste the link into the email, it will display as a link that can be clicked on if the attendee's email client allows it. HTML code is not supported.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Can you embed a url in the reminder emails?

I am attending to provide a quick reference sheet in the email reminder that goes out to attendees, and I would like to link to it in the reminder email that is sent out 1 hour and 1 day before the webinar begins. When I try to do a link, it works in the preview just fine but when I go to save it, the system stops me. Is there any way around this, or creative ideas of how to make sure this content is available before the webinar?
Highlighted
Contributor

Re: Can you embed a url in the reminder emails?

Hi Christina,

When you say that the system stops you, is it giving you a specific error message?  What type of site are you linking to, and whats the end of the link itself (as in, are you linking directly to a .pdf on your server, or maybe something in a shared folder in a ShareFile or Dropbox?  Any more info that you can provide, perhaps with a screenshot, would be a big help.  I have tested a couple kind of links myself and was able to save the reminder with no problems.

Thank you,
Adrian

Highlighted
New Contributor

Hi Adrian,

It says "invalid character," but inconsistently. Usually it just makes the editable box outlined in red, and saves nothing. It is a link to a .pdf on our servers, and the link works and formats correctly when I hit preview.
Highlighted
Contributor

Ah Christina, I see what is happening.  That text box will only let plain text get submitted through it and not HTML code.  This is to deter anyone who may try to insert something malicious that then gets distributed through us.  I would suggest ending that paragraph with something like "...our quick reference guide found here: http://info.healthmonix.com/...."; etc and putting the actual URL in there.  That should allow it through.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,
Adrian

Highlighted
New Contributor

I'm testing GTW at the moment and when I paste links in my follow up emails it says "This field contains invalid characters". Is that because I am on a free account? i need to know if this feature would be supported if I paid. Very important to my decision process to purchase in. 
Thank you
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Heath, are you pasting a simple url like https://community.gotomeeting.com/gotomeeting  or are you trying to paste an HTML formatted link? Only simple links are supported at this time. As long as your attendee's email client allows it, they will show up as clickable links in the follow up email.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Can you send a custom designed Follow-Up email thru GoToWebinar?

I'm wanting to copy and paste my own HTML into the follow up email that is sent to absentees and attendees, but I don't see any way to do this. Can you send a custom designed email thru GoToWebinar to the Absentees/Attendees? All I see is a blank text box to put some text in, no design elements to change or anything. 
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can you send a custom designed Follow-Up email thru GoToWebinar?

Hi Joseph,

I'm sorry no, this is not supported. You can add personalized messaging including links to websites, but HTML is not supported.