cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: Can I just play a recording instead of hosting webinar?

Nope--  As long as that Beta tag is on there, we're testing it because it still has bugs.  If you want a flawless presentation, don't use it until the feature is fully supported.

New Contributor

Did anyone ever get an answer to this?
LogMeIn Contributor

Yes, Alison:  If you are scheduling with Simulated Live GoToWebinar, then you can schedule simultaneous pre-recorded events at the same time. 

LogMeIn Manager

Simulated Live webinars enable you to record a live webinar and then replay that recording with interaction multiple times! You can set a scheduled time, or choose to leave the webinar open so that attendees register and join right away (i.e., “on demand” webinars).  Read more about it here: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/simulated-live-beta-webinars-g2w090140

Video Sharing allows organizers to prepare up to 5 videos that they wish to share during a webinar while they are customizing the session ahead of time (.MP4 files or YouTube links only). Then during the webinar, the organizer or the current presenter can select and play those videos directly from their Control Panel while in session. Note that only .MP4 files will be captured in online recordings, and linked YouTube videos will be cut from the final recording. Read more about it here: https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
New Contributor

Thank you for the detailed explanation on how to host a recorded webinar. 

Our presenter for a 3 part webinar cannot make the dates we have scheduled. The presenter can record the webinar for all 3 sessions prior to their scheduled dates and we could use these for the webinar.

We have existing registrants for the three part webinar and would like to have them connect to the recorded versions - is there a way to do this other than send the registrants an email please? 

Thank you

LogMeIn Contributor

@Partnerships While there isn't a built-in function to migrate registrants to a new webinar, you can click the registration link yourself and fill in the participant info to send them a new confirmation email.

New Contributor

Thank you for your prompt reply. We've found that after they register only abou 1/3 read any further emails from us so they might miss the new link.

Could we "play" the recorded webinar as a video during the session - would that accomplish the same thing?

LogMeIn Contributor

@Partnerships  Technically yes---  you could upload the pre-recorded video to your scheduled webinar for playback in-session.  This requires the scheduling Organizer to be present during the broadcast.

New Contributor

Wonderful - thank you very much!