cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jdinclayton
New Contributor

Can't add a video to a channel

I have tried for several days to add a video to my channel but keep getting an error.

I have the original g2m file and, although it takes forever to "process", can manage to get it uploaded to my Video Library. But, when I tried to Add to Channel I get a "Something went wrong. Please try again." error message.

I just conducted a multi-day event with 21 sessions/webinars. All are comparable in size and I've had no problem uploading and processing and adding to the channel. But not this one.

I have converted it from the original g2m format multiple times to both WMV and MP4 and, although it has taken DAYS to process, have managed to get it uploaded to the Video Library each time.  But it will not Add to Channel.

I'm stuck.

Thanks in advance for any help.

4 REPLIES 4
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Can't add a video to a channel

@jdinclayton  Were you editing the video before uploading it to your account? 

If so, do you still have the original recording to test with?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jdinclayton
New Contributor

I wasn’t editing and yes, I have the original recording. Please let me know how to upload the file. Thanks.
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

So this was just one of 21 different recordings that failed? 

It sounds like you've done the standard troubleshooting by re-converting the original recording files there, though it should not take longer than several minutes to convert a local recording file.  If yours is taking hours or days then it may indicate a problem with the original file. 

I would suggest at this point that you reach out directly to Customer Care to see if there's anything we can identify from our side.  Please call one of the numbers from this support article:  https://support.goto.com/meeting/help/how-do-i-contact-gotomeeting-customer-support-g2m090151 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
jdinclayton
New Contributor

I have been so swamped that I haven't had time to call. The last time I tried with a WMV file it literally showed it was processing for 3 days before eventually showing up in my Video Library. I tried adding to channel and received the same error.

This morning, I decided to try one more time and went back to one of the mp4 files I'd  converted almost a week ago when I was trying to get it to work. I re-uploaded it and, for the first time, it processed in about 2 minutes and I was able to Add to Channel without a problem. For the fun of it, I tried re-uploading the latest WMV and it's still chugging/processing 30 minutes later.

I haven't done anything differently, it just decided to work with an mp4 this morning...

But Thanks for the validation that I was doing things properly. 

Conclusion: gremlins 🙂