cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Can you change webinar type from 'Classic' to 'Simulated live' once created?

We recently created a classic webinar to take place in on 21st november or so. however, the presenters now need to pre-record it and play it 'simulated live' on the 21st november. Can i change this easily? i cannot see an option. As we already have registrations for it i do not want to cancel it and create a new one either. 
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: Can you change webinar type from 'Classic' to 'Simulated live' once created?

Hi Rebecca and Vicki,

At this time you cannot change a scheduled webinar from one type to another. If you schedule a classic webinar and then later decide you want to make it a webcast or a simulated live webinar, you will have to schedule a brand new webinar in the desired format.

The ability to do this is a feature request we are already aware of.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
12 REPLIES 12
New Contributor

Is there a way to change a scheduled webinar to a simulated webinar?

LogMeIn Manager

Re: Is there a way to change a scheduled webinar to a simulated webinar?

Hi Jennifer,
We currently do not have support for changing webinars from their originally scheduled choice of Classic, Webcast or Simulated Live. Simulated Live webinars can only be made out of an online recording of a webinar, so if you host your scheduled webinar and record it, you can then use it as a Simulated Live webinar in the future.

Active Contributor

Re: Can you change webinar type from 'Classic' to 'Simulated live' once created?

following... we have never done a simulated live webinar yet... just want to see what the answer is. 
LogMeIn Manager

Hi Rebecca and Vicki,

At this time you cannot change a scheduled webinar from one type to another. If you schedule a classic webinar and then later decide you want to make it a webcast or a simulated live webinar, you will have to schedule a brand new webinar in the desired format.

The ability to do this is a feature request we are already aware of.

Active Contributor

live webinar to simulated live change

Hello,

I have a live webinar scheduled that I would like to change to simulated live. Is it possible to change this in the current scheduled  webinar so the registrants won't be affected? Or does it have to be scheduled simulated live at the very begining to work? I also am on the starter plan so want to know before switching to pro.

Thank you!

New Contributor

I understand that the capability to change a registered webinar from classic to simulated live after it's set up.  I have 541 registrants for a webinar we're hosting tomorrow that we now need to use a recording for.   Is there anyway we can repurpose the registration address? Or can it redirect users to the new webinar I will need to set up?

LogMeIn Manager

Hi @Jmac10,

I'm afraid not, you may be able to run a Registration Report to get a list of names and email addresses, then use a 3rd party integration to register the users for the new webinar https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/help/add-new-gotowebinar-registrants-from-a-google-sheets...

New Contributor

Glenn, 

Any idea when this will be available? 

This was actually the only reason to upgrade my subscription.

As an alternative, can I record a "classic" Webinar and play the recording (even manually) in another "classic" webinar?

LogMeIn Contributor

@bowbridge  You can definitely play recording clips while in your Classic GoToWebinar broadcast.  However, features like Polling would not trigger the same way as in Simulated Live, so would need to be launched manually by an Organizer.