cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EyeOn
New Contributor

Cannot register using Internet Explorer 11

Hi Everyone,

Invitees of my webinar complain that they cannot register if they use Internet Explorer 11. Registration page is "loading" endlessly. For other browsers (e.g. Edge, Chrome, etc.) it works fine. The issue is only with Internet Explorer. How this can be fixed? Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Cannot register using Internet Explorer 11

I'm sorry we have no remaining support for Internet Explorer web browsers.  There may be odd behavior if IE is used for scheduling, registering, or joining webinars that we cannot predict due to lack of testing and support from Microsoft.  The browser MS continues to update will be Edge for Windows (this is based upon a Chrome framework and is free to download). 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @EyeOn,

While most newer systems will have moved to Microsoft Edge instead of Explorer, they should both be compatible. 

Are you using a regular GoToWebinar registration link to promote the event?

Are you able to reproduce the same behavior on your own Internet Explorer browser?  What is seen when the registration page is reached?

EyeOn
New Contributor

@AshC ,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, the issue appears using a regular GoToWebinar registration link. Yes, I've checked it with several different laptops: the issue persists while using Internet Explorer 11, however the same link works normally with other browsers. The page is just loading endlessly as shown on the attached picture.

ie11gtw.jpg

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi,

I just tested a regular webinar registration link with IE 11 (v11.1016.18362.0), on Windows 10 and was able to register successfully. The issue may be related to a security setting in IE11, are you using Windows 10 or an older version?

With Microsoft announcing that they will stop support IE11 next year support will begin to be phased out and users should start to about Edge or another web browser.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Leigh Strinsky
Contributor

I was just notified of the same issues with a registration page.  I'll advise to switch to Edge or something else but, with the older crowd, they will keep using IE until it no longer exists.

AstridH
Active Contributor

I have the same issue here. Wouldn't say it's a security setting because it worked fine a few weeks ago...

Very sad to read that this is an issue and hope that this will be resolved soon, as many of our customers are using internet explorer as their default browser and won't register for our webinars if they cannot access the registration page from the first time..

EyeOn
New Contributor

Unfortunately, there are numerous companies that use IE 11 as their default browser and their security policy doesn't allow employees to use any other browser or even update it to a newer version. I personally was testing it with Windows 10, but I know for sure that some companies are still using Windows 8.1 and other OS's. Just switching browser and/or OS is not a solution in this case.

BDock

We've started observing this behavior as well. Accessing https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/1234567 links in IE result in spinning blue circle as the OPs screenshot indicates. Regardless of site/security zone, compatibility mode, etc. Works fine in other browsers.

Most are using the recommended/default Edge, but still getting folks reporting inability to access the links who've set IE as default.

This exact behavior is exhibited on my own personal PC at home running a much newer version of Windows with nary any similarities to my work PC. Seems something was changed on the LogMeIn side as that would eliminate this as an organizational setting/network restriction. 

Not sure what's new but looking into forcing the registration URLs to load in Edge to solve the organization need but wouldn't mind seeing this looking info further from LogMeIn side.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Same issue here.

We have state government employees using old Windows laptops, and they are allowed to use ONLY Internet Explorer for web browsing.

It might be an issue when the webinar registration link is sent to a government email address though Outlook, and then they try to open that link in IE.

This seems clustered right now to a particular state agency, though several have been invited.  This agency might just have older computers that lack the Edge.

I am telling them to wait until the beginning of the webinar, go to GoToWebinar.com and enter the webinar ID I gave them.  I hope that works.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi everyone,

I have an update to share around this topic, and unfortunately MS is no longer updating IE 11 so we will be changing the message online to GoTo users that the browser lies in 'unsupported' territory.  Thanks for your patience, and we'll have some better online messaging for affected attendees very soon.