cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
valslerb
New Contributor

Certificates missing from attendee follow up emails

Follow up emails were sent successfully 1 day after broadcast.

As usual, I had a copy sent to me – this looks as I would expect it to, with a link to the recording and to the certificate.

So far, two attendees have replied asking if we forgot to attach the certificate – they have forwarded the emails they received, and both are missing the link to their certificate.   

1. Why did this happen and what can be done to avoid it in future
  2. How can I send certificates to these people? They are entitled to one

Thanks.

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Certificates missing from attendee follow up emails

@valslerb  If you had changed the follow-up functionality when close to the start time of your broadcast, then this may explain the behavior of those changes not saving correctly because the email formatting was already queued up for delivery to participants.

If this is not the case, please call into Customer Support to file a case for Engineering to review in full.  Please ask for a copy of the Attendee's followup email from GoToWebinar as evidence, and be prepared to provide the affected webinar IDs.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
valslerb
New Contributor

Thanks Ash,

I don't know when I would have been adjusting the follow up emails - we often make changes as we decide what additional information and resources to include. I was not aware that this could cause any problems, and would consider that a significant bug.

When is it 'safe' to modify that email? What happens if, as is almost always the case, I change the email after the broadcast?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

If your follow up emails are set to go out immediately afterwards or within 1 hour, then I would make sure they are set in place before the start of your broadcast.

If your follow up emails are set to go out several hours or days afterwards, then you should have no problem adjusting things shortly after you end the webinar.

valslerb
New Contributor

Thanks for this. Is there some reason this is the case, or is this simply a known bug? There's nothing in the dashboard to suggest this is the case, and altering the emails immediately after the broadcast seems to be both sensible and desirable (to respond to topics brought up in the webinar).

In this instance they were sent 1 day after the event, so I cant see how this explains why some attendees have not received a certificate.

I also don't understand why the certificate was included in my copy but not in some other attendees – surely the point of sending a copy to yourself is that you can see what was sent to your audience?
If I call and raise a ticket, is it possible to have this email sent again, but this time with the certificates attached? 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

There's no good reason why some attendees would receive the certificate and others would not.  This is why an investigation would be in order to suss out the details for our engineering team to track further.

I'm afraid there is no way to resend a certificate that I'm aware of.