cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jayne L
Active Contributor

HRe: Challenge when Transferring Licenses

Hi @AshC 

I don't know if you recollect, but, we have one license.

We transitioned the license from one email address to another.

How would we go about accessing those recordings, given that the original account with the recording cannot logon as does not have a license any longer.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: HRe: Challenge when Transferring Licenses

@Jayne L  Sorry if I misunderstood; just changing the login info (email or password) will have no effect on any of the history or schedules.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Jayne L
Active Contributor

@AshC 

UserA had a license, ran a webinar for 6 months, with recording.  License was removed from UserA

UserB  now has a license.  Has run a webinar for 3 months with recording.

Are you advising, that I can get the recordings from User A into the channel?

If so, what are the exact steps to have that occur without impacting the webinar currently being run by User B.

If this is something that a support call should be able to resolve, please provide the language to use when calling it in.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Jayne L  There's a couple different situations I'm talking about here: 

1. Changing the login, which makes no change to the account itself
  2. Removing a license from one user in the Admin Center, then adding it to a different user through the Admin Center (Manage Users section)

In the second case, adding the license back will return the scheduled webinars and recordings back to the original Organizer, as both account members have completely separate histories etc.

Jayne L
Active Contributor

@Re: HRe: Challenge when Transferring Licenses

@AshC , I would love you to provide exact instructions.

As I read your post, I ponder, how, when there is only one license, do I remove it from the user, and add it to another?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: @Re: HRe: Challenge when Transferring Licenses

@Jayne L  It requires the use of the Admin Center, Manage Users section in your online GoTo account.  If you don't want to simply change the login email address, you may shift the license over to the other user / email as the Administrator of the account:

1. Log into the Admin Center
  2. Click Manage Users
  3. Select the existing user, and remove the GoToWebinar license (saving may be required)
  4. Add the new user in the Manage Users sectiion, and add the single GoToWebinar license to the user when you invite them

Jayne L
Active Contributor

equires the use of the Admin Center, Manage Users section in your online GoTo account.  If you don't want to simply change the login email address, you may shift the license over to the other user / email as the Administrator of the account:

1. Log into the Admin Center  with account ???  UserB?
  2. Click Manage Users
  3. Select the existing user, and remove the GoToWebinar license (saving may be required) -- as UserB?
  4. Add the new user in the Manage Users sectiion, and add the single GoToWebinar license to the user when you invite them 

At point 4, UserB will no longer have a license, and, if i remember correctly, get dumped out of the admin tool, as not authorized to admin users.  

The account which has access to adjust the licenses, is the account with the license.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Typically the account creator and billing owner remains the only Administrator, unless you make them an Admin yourself.  So in this case, you may call the account creator 'User A'.  'User B' would be the second Organizer, using a separate email address and password, with no Admin rights (unless selected as an Admin when managing / inviting the user). 

** 'User A' still exists, and can log into the Admin center to manage the account as needed.  They would not have access to GoToWebinar services, but can do everything else required of an Admin.