cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Maxim_Z
Active Contributor

Change and transfer webinar

We have a yearly webinar start subscription, which is designed for 100 people, next month we need a Pro subscription, but only for one month, since the webinar is planned and more than 100 people are going to come to it, maybe about 300. I called Technical Support, where they suggested that I create a new user on my account, add him a Pro license for a month, then call tech support and ask to transfer the meeting from one subscription to another, and they said that the link to the webinar will not change. The problem is that we have open registration and a lot of people have already registered. I would like to clarify again, is this so?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Change and transfer webinar

That sounds odd. 

You should be able to change your plan to the Standard (250 Participants) or the Pro (500 Participants).  You will be billed for the extra cost.

It does not make sense to add a new user to your account.   That sounds like it will cost more than just upgrading your single account.

After you have upgraded your account, let them know you wish to go back to your old plan.  You will have to use and pay for at least a month of the new plan before you can change back to the old plan.

You should be able to do all of this online.  According to the GoTo website:

"You can make changes to your plan online at any time. Sign in to your account and click My Account, then select Plan Selection or Change Plan. You may also contact Global Customer Support to adjust your account."

GoTo would prefer that you stay with the upgraded plan, so they don't advertise this back-and-forth as an option, but it has been discussed here several times.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

That sounds odd. 

You should be able to change your plan to the Standard (250 Participants) or the Pro (500 Participants).  You will be billed for the extra cost.

It does not make sense to add a new user to your account.   That sounds like it will cost more than just upgrading your single account.

After you have upgraded your account, let them know you wish to go back to your old plan.  You will have to use and pay for at least a month of the new plan before you can change back to the old plan.

You should be able to do all of this online.  According to the GoTo website:

"You can make changes to your plan online at any time. Sign in to your account and click My Account, then select Plan Selection or Change Plan. You may also contact Global Customer Support to adjust your account."

GoTo would prefer that you stay with the upgraded plan, so they don't advertise this back-and-forth as an option, but it has been discussed here several times.

Maxim_Z
Active Contributor

They said, since we have an annual starting subscription, therefore, a subscription change is possible only for 1 year, and the current subscription terminates and a new one begins, which is valid for 1 year, with a discount for the unused starting subscription period.
Maxim_Z
Active Contributor

Untitled.jpg

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You may have to agree to a year of the new, higher plan, and you might have to pay for a year in advance, but you should still be able to downgrade after one month.

Hopefully, one of the GoTo folks can chime in here to explain if there is something unique with the Lite package that does not allow for a traditional upgrade.

Maxim_Z
Active Contributor

Maybe they can somehow be called? 🙂
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

GoTo Sales phone is 1 800 514 1317