cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrewQFH
Active Contributor

Change "Sent-From" name on a per-webinar basis as it appears in registrants inboxes

My businesses operate under different business names, but we only need one GTW account.

We need to be able to send invitations, reminders, and follow-ups with a different "Sent From" name for different webinars based on which business entity is hosting. We don't need 2 licenses since we never run simultaneous webinars for the different businesses. Is there a way to designate different "Sent-From" email names for each webinar WITHOUT having to change the account settings?  

Since the businesses hosting the webinars switch back and forth, changing the email at the account level isn't a feasible solution. 

Is the only way to do this to pay for an entirely new license? Paying an additional $2K per business just to be able to have flexible "Sent-From" names is obviously not reasonable either! I'm hoping there is a solution to this! Thanks for any input you have 🙂

5 REPLIES 5
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Change "Sent-From" name on a per-webinar basis as it appears in registrants inboxes

In the Dashboard, in a particular webinar, open the Emails section.  Does changing the Reply To email address do what you need?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Change "Sent-From" name on a per-webinar basis as it appears in registrants inboxes

@DrewQFH  Event Organizers are currently responsible for sending their own invitations or posting events on public / social forums.  In the near future we will allow for uploading contact lists, probably a little later this year. 

As Chris mentioned, you can alter the 'reply-to' address for individual webinars or series.  We will always send the emails from a 'GoTo' address for security reasons, and the reply-to email will be clearly stated within the body of the emails themselves. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DrewQFH
Active Contributor

Hello!

Thanks so much for the reply!

I am realizing I didn't clarify exactly what I meant. 

When GTW automatically sends out confirmation emails, the way that the email shows up in the registrants inbox shows the name of the primary company that we use GTW for.

So if the primary company that has it's info in GTW is "ABC Widgets Co" then in the registrants email inbox it says:

==>     "ABC Widgets Co  (customercare@gotowebinar.com)"

But for our other brands - "Brand Two, LLC" - even though I change the reply to address and name in the webinar settings, the emails sent to registrants from GTW for confirmation and reminders still show up as:

==>     "ABC Widgets Co  (customercare@gotowebinar.com)"

So people who were signing up for a "Brand Two, LLC" webinar are receiving emails from "ABC Widgets" and they are not recognizing the name, and therefore not opening the emails. 

Ideally I could change the setting so the automated emails from GTW would show up in their inbox as "Brand Two, LLC (customercare@gotowebinar.com)"

Hopefully I've explained myself a little more clearly this time around! 🙂

As I mentioned before, $2.2K/year is too steep a price to pay simply to be able to send from a different name. But also, the function that GTW is meant to serve for the price we've already paid is cut at least in half, and likely more as we grow out our different brands that we will use webinars for.

Is there any chance of resolving this? I'm hoping there might be an easy way to "click a button" on the customer service side of GTW that can open up that functionality for us!

Thanks!

Drew

DrewQFH
Active Contributor

Thanks for the input Chris - I posted a longer reply to AshC's post below! 🙂
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DrewQFH  Currently the only workaround I know of is to change the account title before scheduling the webinars for different 'companies'.  In the future we may allow for more customization, as there are a lot of improvements coming this year to the scheduling process. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!