cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

Re: Choppy music audio during Webinar

You would think. Maybe we should encourage our audience to listen via small AM radios!  We also encourage guests to use landlines if they have them; back and forth is much better with lower latency and no dropouts. It's funny to monitor both signals and hear the VoIP go out of sync and then time stretch (can really teel with music, BPM cranks up!) to catch back up to live. This is happening all the time to voice too, much more natural sounding on LL. Alas one day they will go away...

Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

🙂 Picky/Paranoid webinar producers in power-outage prone area! But the days of LL are numbered. Don't sound near as good as they used to, and last outage ours died after 24 hrs anyway when the  substation batteries ran out.  It is also our first choice for guest audio. Every inside sales rep should have one.  

marktx
Active Contributor

Hello All,

For now, it looks like we are stuck with Live streams on YouTube/Facebook/Twitter if we want background or any type of music with decent quality.  With the world moving to online meetings, programs and the like, all the webinar folks will have to improve on this defect if they want to stay competitive.

Really appeciate everyone's input.

craigry
New Contributor

Zoom Webinar sounds remarkably better than Go2Webinar in this department. I was just working on this for an event and they will only use Go2 Platform. Such an ugly end product this time.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I have a virtual event coming up soon where I really need to play music. A simple switch to defeat the audio processing that GoTo applies would be greatly appreciated.