cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
klmonline
Contributor

Cloud recording had 13 second delay

I give introductory comments and instructions to attendees in our live webinar, then manually start the recording to capture the real presentation.

I know to wait for several seconds to give the recording time to come "up to speed" so it does not cut off my first words. Today I waited a full 6 seconds before speaking. I know this because the local desktop recording file starts immediately and includes the full 6-second pause before my voice starts.

The cloud recording, however, cuts off the first 13 seconds after I hit record, so it begins playback 7 seconds into my speech. This is unreasonable and the technical team should look at the delay before the cloud recording kicks in. 

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Cloud recording had 13 second delay

@klmonline  I apologize for the recording problem. 

Do you know if this occurs on every broadcast, and can you say how you are connected to the audio at the time (VoIP Vs. Telephone)?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
klmonline
Contributor

No, definitely not an every time phenomenon. It just happened on this one particular webinar.  I was using VoIP on my computer.  We had 6 or 7 other people with Panelist status who were not talking at the time. They were a mixed bag, with some on computer audio, some on telephone.

I do a lot of webinars and this one was the same setup we always use. It was just annoying and disconcerting that the cloud recording had the problem and I wanted to get it formally logged somewhere. Thankfully I was able to use my desktop recording and put that up in our video library, so it was easily recoverable once discovered.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Thank you for confirming, and let us know if the problem persists in the future.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!