cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MichaelAPT
New Contributor

DSLR Tethering in a Live Webinar

Hello Anyone,

I'm demonstrating various photography techniques, but I want to show the images I capture immediately in the live webinar.  For example.  I'll have the Webcam activated while I'm shooting photos in my studio, and once I capture the image, I would like for that image to appear immediately on the live feed/webinar. 

Is that possible?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: DSLR Tethering in a Live Webinar

For best resolution,  use whatever program you use to move photos from your camera to your computer. Something like iPhoto.  You can share the whole display with the GoTo audience, so whatever you bring up on that screen will be seen.

Faster, but lower resolution: 

If your DSLR has a USB output, it is possible that your computer will see your camera as a webcam. Unfortunately,  resolution will be less than what you expect.

Similarly, an HDMI output on your camera can go through something like a ATEM Mini, which will show up as a webcam.  This currently works only if you use a Macintosh.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

For best resolution,  use whatever program you use to move photos from your camera to your computer. Something like iPhoto.  You can share the whole display with the GoTo audience, so whatever you bring up on that screen will be seen.

Faster, but lower resolution: 

If your DSLR has a USB output, it is possible that your computer will see your camera as a webcam. Unfortunately,  resolution will be less than what you expect.

Similarly, an HDMI output on your camera can go through something like a ATEM Mini, which will show up as a webcam.  This currently works only if you use a Macintosh.

MichaelAPT
New Contributor

Thanks, I will test that out.