cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DebbieW
Active Contributor

Dashboard Issue with Webinars out of order by Date - needs priority attention!

Here is an ongoing issue (for months) that seems to come and go, but for the past few months has been continuously wrong (or at least not working for us).  I have posted this problem in the past but cannot seem to find the post, so I started a new discussion post.  

We have Webinar Events that are not listed correctly by upcoming date and also are showing up in the Past Events list (and they haven't even occurred and again are in no date order that makes sense).  

Here are snapshots of our current Dashboard showing the issues:

First one: seems okay, until you go to Page 2 - there are 3 Jan events that show up on page 2 that should have been on page 1 (or at least before February events).   This is the same problem on either view (default or compact).  

Past Events Page is totally useless - it should show events that have happened in the past by either Date or alphabetically - it does neither and shows events that have not even happened!  

Upcoming Events Pg 1 - seems to be okay, until you go to page 2Upcoming Events Pg 1 - seems to be okay, until you go to page 2

Upcoming Events Pg 2 - dates are out of order Jan should be before FebUpcoming Events Pg 2 - dates are out of order Jan should be before FebPast Events - showing future dates?? Not even alphabetical order eitherPast Events - showing future dates?? Not even alphabetical order either

10 REPLIES 10
DebbieW
Active Contributor

Re: Dashboard Issue with Webinars out of order by Date - needs priority attention!

Hello - anybody out there? Going to ask if anyone else is having this issue, since the GMT issue looks to be resolved, it would really be nice to have a platform that I don't have to hunt for my webinars on different pages because they are not in date order. 

The issues are:

Upcoming Events - not in order by date (or any kind of order that I can tell).  Each page seems to be in order, but not when combined - I have June & July events listed before May on Page 1.  

Past Events: Again, why are they showing events that have not occurred yet on this page??  And number of attendees is no where near what actually happens and this number does not even match registered folks.  In fact, this page is useless.  

DebbieW_0-1619636804736.png

This should show the PAST dates of the webinars – again, showing by most recent to farthest away – so MJO MOVES which occurred on 4/15 should be the latest, then ERTAC Leadership, then NE Em Inventory then ERTAC Growth, etc.

Also, the number of attended is INCORRECT – why even both to have this information if it’s not right?
For example, our MJO MOVES Workgroup had 88 people on the webinar (not 119) and this is also not the number of registered people.
For AERMOD, showing 67 attended, we only have 62 people registered – so the number that attended exceeds this?! FYI – only 31 attended our last call (on March 3).  If I have to run a report to verify this data, then why even list it? 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Dashboard Issue with Webinars out of order by Date - needs priority attention!

Is it because your webinars meet multiple times?  I rarely do multi-day webinars, so I have not seen what you describe.

Could it be in order of the first date in the series, or is it in order of the next upcoming date in the series?

DebbieW
Active Contributor

Thanks Chris for your thoughts - yes, they are multiple date webinars - many are held monthly or quarterly.  We have been using GTW for at least 5 years - but this past year has just seen a lot of issues.  I even redid one of my webinars (from scratch) and had everyone re-register (over 200) in hopes that it would fix some of the issues, but no , it did not.  (at least the GMT issue finally resolved itself after a year) 

I would at least like to see UPCOMING EVENTS in numerical (date) order across ALL pages.  As this is the page I visit on a regular basis to make sure I'm not forgetting an event.  I totally ignore the PAST EVENTS page - since it's so wrong.  Another fix would be to just keep all the events on one page - don't have a page 2 or 3...

Could it be in order of the first date in the series - it doesn't appear to be, and if it was, why?  Some of our webinars are several years old, so not sure when they might have been established (first date), but either way, it should be in order by actual date of occurrence (future or past) across all pages, not just a random order between the pages - I guess if we keep our events down to 8 it would be fine, but we have over 15 events scheduled, which goes across 2 or 3 pages. 

is it in order of the next upcoming date in the series? - no, you can see the next date in the examples I posted.   I'm thinking if they fix the order (by date) for upcoming, this may help with past events too, but since I have no idea what they are trying to show, it's just frustrating. 

Again, why would you show past events with an upcoming date?  It makes it difficult to find anything, so I normally don't even use the Past Events tab since even the "attendees" shown on the Past events are incorrect.   I mean, really? 67 attendees when only 62 were registered? and actually only 31 attended, based on the attendee report that I downloaded after the event.  Have no idea what's happening here. 

Apologies if it sounds like I'm being a bit sarcastic, but it just gets frustrating seeing the same issue week in and week out that didn't used to be an issue and nothing being worked on - not sure what happened about a year ago with the dashboard program, but guess we can blame it on the pandemic - like everything else. lol

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DebbieW  Is there any difference in the type of webinar event scheduled?  On-Demand webinars for example may show in conjunction with upcoming events at the same time.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DebbieW
Active Contributor

No - we do not do on demand webinars.  Our Webinars are all scheduled in advance - we schedule out 3 - 11 months for most our webinars and require everyone to register.   Our webinars used to be in numerical/date order a year or so ago, but when the dashboard was updated that's when things got funky. 

DebbieW
Active Contributor

Ash, please give an update on the status of this, and what may be happening?  Thank you. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DebbieW  I have shared your feedback with the team, and believe they will be making some calendar improvements this year that should address some of your concerns / asks. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
DebbieW
Active Contributor

AshC, Thank you.  I think I've found something that may be helpful to your development team, it seems like whenever I make a change/update to a webinar, it sends it to the end of our webinars list.  So, there should be some kind of code that could be changed to keep events in Date order, not order of when it was updated.  Thank you 

PSWebinars

It is mid-2023 and this issue still persists. An update on the fixes implemented by your team in 2021 would be good.