cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Disconnection during a webinar session

Hello,

Appreciate if anyone has similar experience or solutions to share. It has been frustrating to experience frequent disconnection during webinar with external parties.

Symptoms as below:

- During a webinar, at times, will be notified audio has been disconnected, the session eventually ends

- Upon that, wifi became "Connected, no internet" status (the yellow exclamation mark shown)

- Waiting/reconnecting wifi doesn't help, internet only resumes upon reboot of machine

Other points to take of:

- No wifi issues at all for any other usage, no matter high or low usage

- Wifi driver had been reinstalled

- PC, Windows 10

- Several webinar had been held using LAN connection, but not enough to conclude LAN is 100% fine

- Happens 1 in 2 webinar, each session lasting 60 to 90 minutes

- About 4 to 6 webinar to be held monthly

Thanks for any input.

Alex

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Valued Contributor

Re: Disconnection during a webinar session

It is amazing how much a fresh reboot can do to enhance the user experience.

3 REPLIES
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Have you tested the speed of your Internet connection?  Try http://www.speedtest.net/

On the computer on which I am currently typing, I see 3.2 Mbps download and 2.1 Mbps upload speeds. Even though this is above the GoTo minimum, I would never trust it to originate a webinar.

I have had rare WiFi burps during GoToWebinars using a computer with an average Internet speed of 50 Mbps.

You might also have lots of little things going on in the background on that computer.  I always restart my computer just before a GoTo session. This has dramatically enhanced my GoTo experiences.

New Contributor

Have you tested the speed of your Internet connection?  Try http://www.speedtest.net/

[REPLY]: Thanks for your reply. Yes, well over 50Mbps suggested., and reliable . Hence, never experienced any issues with any other usage except GTW. The main concern, it had been fine all along, up until this month.

On the computer on which I am currently typing, I see 3.2 Mbps download and 2.1 Mbps upload speeds. Even though this is above the GoTo minimum, I would never trust it to originate a webinar.

I have had rare WiFi burps during GoToWebinars using a computer with an average Internet speed of 50 Mbps.

You might also have lots of little things going on in the background on that computer.  I always restart my computer just before a GoTo session. This has dramatically enhanced my GoTo experiences.

[REPLY]:  I also do close down everything except for the things I need for the session. I will try rebooting before I start next time, but doubt that's the only solution.

Valued Contributor

It is amazing how much a fresh reboot can do to enhance the user experience.