cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtretina
Contributor

Enable attendee edit name and email and allow attendee to see name

I did post this on Ideas as well.

We can't stop people from sharing their confirmation links so we'll have several attendees with the same names. This causes major issues when we have public hearings and have to unmute attendees that registered to speak but don't use their own link.

Another problem is attendees don't see their name - another important needed feature.

Please implement these important needed changes with urgency!

5 REPLIES 5
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: Enable attendee edit name and email and allow attendee to see name

@mtretina  You can stop Attendees from sharing their join links if you activate the security setting on specific webinars:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-restrict-my-attendees-to-join-from-only-one-device 

What do you mean by "attendees don't see their name - another important needed feature." ?

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mtretina
Contributor

When an attendee joins, no where on the control panel does their name appear.  Unless the organizer shares the attendee list, which our agency does not share due to privacy concerns.

If an attendee could see what name they joined under and be able to edit their name (as organziers can do and anyone can in a GoToMeeting), this would greatly reduce duplicate names if join link is shared.

We are a regulatory agency with public hearings and citizens frequently share their join links. If we restrict the number of devices, then it may appear that we are suppressing citizens voices.

mtretina
Contributor

Any movement on this?  Do you need more information?

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@mtretina  This is an improvement 'Idea' that we will certainly consider for development.  It's not something that happens overnight I'm afraid.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mtretina
Contributor

I understand - thank you