cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BooABja
Active Contributor

Enlarge the web camera view in the recording (and minimize the slides)

Can I do that? As of now - the recording show a small window where the person via web camera is shown and a large window for the slides. I'd like it to be the opposite as I will edit in and out from camera to slides. I hence want to camera recording to as big as is possible.

How can achieve that?

If it is not possible - what recording tolls are the rest of you using if you want an as good as is possible camera recording?

My second option would be to only record with the camera (will it then cover the entire recording screen?) - and have the presenter give me a hand signal when it is time to swap slides..and so edit the slides in afterward.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Enlarge the web camera view in the recording (and minimize the slides)

If the webcam and the PowerPoint were on the same computer you could open the webcam in a separate program (on the Mac I use Quicktime) and play the PowerPoint show in a window rather than full screen.  Thus you could size both windows on your computer and share the entire screen.  You could even use the rest of the display space to have the webinar title, logo, etc.  You design the layout by sizing teh PPT window and the Webcam window and moving them around on the screen.

If you do this it is important to get the webcam open in a different program BEFORE you start the GoToWebinar.

BooABja
Active Contributor

My gawd that sounded perfect - and I understood nothing of it 😉 (too tired in my head). I will not record myself but others sitting in other places who a re not too tech savvy.

It sounds like what you say is we actually record the screen and not open the GTW web camera nor the ppt within GTW?

Does GTW record the entire screen via the automatic recording or do you need to record it via a third party recording device?

Thank you!!

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I always run my webinars on a computer with a second display.  I tell GoToWebinar to share everything on that second display.

Thus I can be showing my PowerPoint slides, stop the PowerPoint show to reveal a web browser that was hiding behind the slides, and then show the PowerPoint slides again to hide the web browser.

I have even sometimes had my webcam via QuickTime full screen with the slides full screen on the same display.  This allowed me to show slides when I wanted, but also show my webcam full screen when I needed that effect.

BooABja
Active Contributor

Thanks! And how do you record that? Does GTW record as it is shown using "Record" or do you need to record via a third part device?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Here is a radical approach that will do what you want.

On a second computer, connect to the presenter using GoToMeeting or a similar program where you can capture the presenter's webcam and voice.  You and the presenter are the only people in that meeting. 

The presenter will need to connect to you via GoToMeeting for the webcam and audio.

The presenter will connect to the webinar on second device to be able to view the PowerPoint slides.  On this second device, the microphone and speakers will be muted.

Make the presenter's webcam on your second computer full screen.

Run the output of that computer into an ATEM Mini or similar device that will take the output of that computer (visual and audio) and convert it to a webcam signal that is connected to your primary computer that is running the GoToWebinar.

Thus your GoToWebinar computer sees what is coming from the second computer as a webcam. 

Open that webcam in a program like QuickTime and then size that window on your second display.

Open the PowerPoint in a window (under Set Up Show, select Browsed by and Individual (window)) and resize that window on the second display.

You now have the presenter in  window and the PowerPoint in a window.

Resize those two windows to what you want.

Share the entire display to the webinar audience.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You asked about how to record this.

If you are showing your second computer display to the GoToWebinar audience, then that is exactly what will be in the recording.