cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
akotlikoff

Error: Too many people are unmuted. Outraged

Here's the rest of the error message I got today with 500 paying customers of our small company: "You have reached the maximum number of people that can be unmuted at one time. You will need to mute some of these participants before trying to unmute others."

Do you know what it's like to let 500 customers down because 10 minutes into the session? Do you know what it's like to have a customer support person from logmein not being able to help after an hour while letting down 500 people who came to hear a special guest but who could not be unmuted no matter what we tried? No matter what she did? It feels like it's time for a different webinar platform. 

It feels like wanting my money back. Hell, it feels like we need to be compensated for the colossal embarrassment we just suffered and customers we just lost because of YOUR incompetency.  THE FACT, that I see this error on this forum and that it hasn't been addressed/resolved is unbelievable. It's outrageous. This is the worst technical difficultly experience I've suffered in my 30 years on this planet. 

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Error: Too many people are unmuted. Outraged

Sorry you are having these problems, maybe the collective experiences here on this forum can help.

How many people did you have unmuted at the time?

Was this a regular webinar or a Webcast?

Was your presenter on a computer, tablet, or smart phone?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @akotlikoff 

I apologize for the frustration. Traditionally with GoToWebinar only panelists and organizers could be unmuted, and the maximum number was 25 at any one time. While you can now unmute attendees without needing to promote them to panelist, the regular GoToWebinar conference lines have a limit of 500 unmuted attendees at once.

As a best practice for such large audiences we recommend using the hand raising feature and unmuting attendees as needed to avoid people talking over each other and excessive background noise.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

It is not apparent that the OP wanted to unmute 500 people at one time. My guess is that nobody or very few were unmuted, and the OP could not unmute the guest speaker. If that is so, it might have been a problem with the Speaker's equipment.

Whatever it is, we'd like to help.