cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DanielKa
Active Contributor

Error during conversion to mp4

Dear all,

since a few times there is an error message when I try to convert my webinar recordings to mp4. This is done on a PC. It says something with: Error during intialising of transcoding..... below is a picture of the German pop-up.

image.png

It is not only on my computer, but 2 of my colleagues have the same issue.

Can you help me with that?

Thanks a lot!

9 REPLIES 9
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Error during conversion to mp4

The GoTo recordings are in a variable frame-rate format, and not all video converters can handle them.  On a Mac I use Final Cut Pro to convert, edit, and export to MP4.  You have to find the tool that works on your computer.  Do a search here to see if someone else has done this.

DanielKa
Active Contributor

Hey Chris,

thanks a lot for your answer.

I try to convert it with the GoTo Recording Manager directly. Is there any tool 

DanielKa
Active Contributor

Update: Even a reinstallation of GoToWebinar did not solve the problem. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@DanielKa   If you are seeing the same problem with all recordings you try to convert locally, then it may be a problem with the PC itself.  In this case you might want to call into Customer Support to see if they can troubleshoot directly.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Hilary Lustig
Active Contributor

I am getting the same error when trying to convert to mp4 after the webinar - several of my colleagues are having the same issue . I get the Transcoder failed to initialize error message.  This worked fine last Wed, 9/16, but stopped working as of Thu, 9/17. This is a very big inconvenience. 

Hilary Lustig
Active Contributor

Hi Danielle -- I am getting the same error when trying to convert to mp4 after the webinar - several of my colleagues are having the same issue . I get the Transcoder failed to initialize error message.  This worked fine last Wed, 9/16, but stopped working as of Thu, 9/17. This is a very big inconvenience. 

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I apologize for the recent issues with MP4 recording conversion.

We'll soon roll out the new GoTO 10.13 version to address this issue.  Thanks for your patience while we upgrade all accounts.

Hilary Lustig
Active Contributor

How will this be rolled out and when?? This is a big issue for us. Thank you in advance
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

We are pushing the new update to all customers, group by group, over the next 2 weeks.  If you need the upgrade immediately you may call directly into Customer Support at your convenience.