cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

Extremely poor video

I have a PowerPoint presentation with imbedded video. I show the text then go to the video example then back to the text then move on to the next chart. Unfortunately when I present the video imbedded in the PowerPoint chart its too choppy to understand. It was recommended that I upload the videos to the Webinar site for better quality. I did that and that is definately NOT a workable solition for several reasons

1. The site only allows up to five videos. My presentations have up to fifteen video clips

2. The transition from PowerPoint to video and back to PowerPoint is extremely combersom for the presenter...to the point wher it's unusable. Secondly, transitions addes too long of a delay for the users to wait for the transition to finish and pock back up with the PowerPoint

I'm dying here. I've been living with this for about three years now and I'm about done. I can't beleive how terrible this is and the hours and hours of  wasted time to I have to invest to make this work in some way. I can't beleive such a basic capabilty (to upload  PowerPoint charts (with imbedded video)) doesn't exist in a professional application.  I give it ten thumbs down.

Help...help...help

gmacnv

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Extremely poor video

I also wish we could upload more then five videos to a single webinar.

I agree the process to move from PowerPoint to uploaded video is cumbersome, but with practice, I have managed to do it fairly quickly.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Update

Because of the PPT limitation with the poor video quality, my workaround, which is causing me 20-30 hours of additional work, hours that I really can't spare, I'm now forced to make two different copies of my 8-10 presentations. One copy for in-person presentation and a second copy, with all the not-so-good workarounds, for my Webinar-base presentations.  Webinar folks really need to fix this...ASAP. When I finish my presentations...it's time to shop for another business solution.

gmacnv

Highlighted
Active Contributor

Chris

I could be wrong but I don't think you are appreciating the enormous amount of time and energy I'm forced into. The workarounds I've put in place have significantly reduced the quality of my presentations, has added a ton of additional work on my part and bearly works only because I have video editing software to compile 20 videos into 5. As I have said today in another post...when my presentations are over I'll need to shop around for another business solution...i.e. Zoom, RingCentral, etc.

Respected Contributor

gmacnv

I do appreciate the time and energy you put into your presentations. I do both live and webinar presentations all the time, and I have spent much time researching better options for GoTo.

In the past, I have detailed in these discussions ways to use professional microphones with GoTo, which increases the sound quality of the webinars.

Last night I figured out a way to use real professional cameras and be able to playback videos through GoToWebinar. (not using the clunky GoTo video playback solution)

See the writeup of my process here:

I had to change the link to my writeup. Find the new link here: https://community.logmein.com/t5/GoToWebinar-Discussions/Play-video-embedded-in-PowerPoint-and-mix-m...