cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Fading out screens of inactive participants

Hi,
My name is Ratul Aich. I am a Principal Consultant UX. I thought to start an Online Focus Group based Learning Exercise to learn new enterprise apps collaboratively. The idea is that, one person will use the app over screen sharing & other participants will take down behavioral notes. But unfortunately participants forget to take notes & stare at the screen following the user's moves. So, I require a timer that fades out the screen if anyone is idle beyond 10 sec. Also everyone should write in the same chat window but later should be able to segregate chats by name to view each other's perspective. Do GoToWebinar have such a product feature or addon? 
3 REPLIES 3
Respected Contributor

Re: Fading out screens of inactive participants

Cool idea.  Maybe the screen could blank with the words "click here to keep viewing the webinar."

New Contributor

In this case "Start typing to keep viewing the webinar."

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Currently, GoToWebinar does not have a common chat area.  Attendees can text a question or comment, but those go to only the webinar organizer, who can choose individually to forward each message to the full audience.

GoToMeeting does have a common chat where all attendees can see each other's comments.

Adding this feature to GoToWebinar has been mentioned several times here.  Some would like to have the option to share the question panel (chat) with the attendees, and some like it the way it is.