cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

Re: FireFox, Chrome say the registration page is not secure

Yes, we need this as well.  Images are using http protocol - in today's internet landscape, this really needs to be taken care of.

Also, there's a bug in your Branding center - unable to upload an image and have it stay there (following all rules) and only displays an icon meaning broken link/image.  Why is that happening?  Perhaps you're trying to fix this issue, but am curious when this may be taken care of as we have fiscal year starting soon.

Thanks

New Contributor

why its nededed.pngwhy this is needed - we're hosting mainframe security webinars that will help folks prevent costliest breaches, but they'd see this warning before deciding to attend...

value
LogMeIn Contributor

@SDS-Webinars  Sorry, could you verify what browser versions are in use when that error message is displayed?

Could you also note what security settings are present on the browser in question?

New Contributor

idk
Google Chrome is up to date
Version 70.0.3538.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

both are on:
Safe Browsing
Protects you and your device from dangerous sites
Help improve Safe Browsing
Sends some system information and page content to Google
LogMeIn Contributor

@SDS-Webinars  I have the identical settings in the same environment, but am unable to reproduce that message.  What I also did was confirmed the 'Manage Certificates' section of my Chrome Settings to confirm there were no 'Untrusted Publishers' listed, and that 'LogMeIn Inc' was trusted.

New Contributor

Hello, I suppose I could make LogMeIn Inc. a trusted publisher, but should I then add a disclaimer at the top of our webinar registration page telling people to trust LogMeIn Inc. as well?

That's the sticky part - we certainly can't even go down that path, but that's a main reason for SSL and other security measures in the first place - to not bypass security precautions, but instead, trust those that are providing you a verifiable and secure website.

If you could provide me an option to utilize your branding section (uploading images to registration page) that would not cause a random browser with default settings to issue warning, that would be perfect.

Please also supply a status as to if/when this function (adding images without breaking the secure connection, prompting warning to visitors) will be available. 

If one of these describes it, this would also be beneficial to know:

• A. can't be done
  • B. you folks simply don't want to do it
  • C. it can be done, but I need to initiate the sequence from my end

Thanks much.

LogMeIn Contributor

@SDS-Webinars  I want to be clear about the problem here-- as it's not an issue with adding images or 'making them secure', but that some web browsers (just like your Email provider) won't automatically download pictures and video, beleiving that they could contain dangerous information.  This is not an issue with Emails or the way we embed images through GoToWebinar -- it's a decision by each browser and/or security center. 

** I did not have to manually add LogMeIn as an accepted certificate, Chrome had already accepted it as safe.  If your attendees are presented with a security request to download or view web pages, and decline this security question, then they may have to manually revert the block themselves.

My suggestion would be for any concerned participant to be fully aware that LogMeIn services are completely safe and legitimate.  They also don't have to download the images in order for the page to be functional -- they can register without viewing them in fact. 

Active Contributor

I'm also having this issue. My customers are reporting that they're unable to access the registration page and just get an error message.

When are gotowebinar going to fix this? Surely it's just a case of making http://images.gotowebinar.com secure?

New Contributor

Yeah, still an issue for us as well.  In fact, we've got a webinar for Securing FTP this coming Wednesday via a 3rd party that uses this platform also and there are no images and still labeled as Not Secure.  When we've put registration pages up, they'll be Secure without images and Not Secure with our logo or other images.  The explanation of items needing to be downloaded to be secure doesn't seem to jive with what's going on at all of the 5 browsers I've tested this at..

gtw-registration-page.png