cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Active Contributor

GDPR compliance

Dear all,

It looks like the GoToWebinar cannot delete all information from the previous webinars.

The information held is names and e-mail addresses. I have webinars dated back few years ago.

In EU there is a new security framework coming into force in May 2018. It is regarding the PII (personal Identifyable information).  With the corrent setting of GoToWebinar we will not be compliant as there must be an option for deleting all information we hold.

The only option I see is completely closing the account with LogMeIn and moving to another provider of similar services.

Surely we should have an option to chose what we can keep or delete.

My suggestion is if LogMeIn does not to lose EU customers is to add such feature.

Thanks,

Georgi I

Tags (2)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GDPR compliance

Hi,

At this time GoToWebinar's registraion pages already meet the minimum GDPR compliance standards. We understand that some of our customers want additional flexability with registration, so we are working on introducing additional customization options.

For more information about LogMeIn's GDPR compliance efforts please review  https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/gdpr-compliance

I would also recommend subscribing or checking back for updates as we get closer to May 25th.

(edited and updated 4/5/18)

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
17 REPLIES
New Contributor

Re: Adding privacy comments at the bottom of webinar registration form

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled How to remove/replace the consent button on registration emails.

The consent statement at the bottom of registration emails is non-compliant with GDPR.
How do we go about removing/replacing this please?
Our webinar is on GDPR and we don't want to come across as hypocritical and soon, consent statements such as these will be costing companies huge fines!
We'd like to replace it with 'Please tick this box
if you would like <company name> to keep you informed about our webinars, events and
offers. You can withdraw consent at any time'
Thank you!
New Contributor

GDPR - Where is personal data stored?

In an effort to be fully prepared for the GDPR legislation, our legal partner has asked us to give them a full overview of our current situation regarding data protection.

In order to do so we are required to fill out a detailed questionnaire.

However, there is one question I can’t seem to answer on my own:

Where is GoToWebinar's data stored (meaning: in which country are the servers located)?

After an extensive search I haven’t been able to find an answer.

Could you please point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance!

Tags (4)
Regular Contributor

Re: GDPR - Where is personal data stored?

I am anticipating being asked this same question from my company within the next few months.

LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GDPR - Where is personal data stored?

Hi there,

We should be able to answer these questions per regulations shortly.  I apologize for the delay.

New Contributor

Yes, this is really an issue. We must be able to delete past webinars and registrants regarding the new law MRS_IT mentioned. Please do that possible.

LogMeIn Manager

Hi,

At this time GoToWebinar's registraion pages already meet the minimum GDPR compliance standards. We understand that some of our customers want additional flexability with registration, so we are working on introducing additional customization options.

For more information about LogMeIn's GDPR compliance efforts please review  https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/gdpr-compliance

I would also recommend subscribing or checking back for updates as we get closer to May 25th.

(edited and updated 4/5/18)

LogMeIn Manager

Edited and updated solution.

New Contributor

Hi Glen, 

I've raised similar questions previously and all we're getting just a few links to your privacy policy etc...

Can you create a FAQ for GDPR so that you can answer all our questions? 

I'm still waiting a reply in regards to adding a privacy policy checkbox for webinar registrations. Would that be possible or is the answer in the link below again? 

https://www.logmeininc.com/gdpr/gdpr-compliance

New Contributor

GDPR - Adding privacy policy checkbox

Hi guys,

I've raised this question previously but, didn't get a solid answer. We'd need to add a privacy policy checkbox on the webinar registrations due to GDPR. Would that be possible?

Regards

Ergin