cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

GoToWebinar Authorization And Skipping Login Page

Hello,

My company was using the now deprecated oauth GoToWebinar endpoint (oauth/authorize) to get an access_token.  We use to provide a client_id and a redirect_uri which would then send us back a code (after we manually logged in through the login page of course) that we can then use to get an access_token. Once we had the token we would store it away for a year until we had to redo the process again. 

This was fine since we had to do it once a year. But now the new method has an expiry of an hour. Obviously we can't manually do the login to get an access token each time. So my question is, how can we have our automated system use our client_id (and other keys/secrets) to get a code to then get an access_token without the manual step of needing to login? Am I missing some encrypted key header or something?

We have systems that setup webinars and register users automatically through the API. So the process of being kicked over to the login page really breaks the flow. I don't see anywhere in the documents where it allows us to login automatically through an endpoint. Or are we expected to just keep using the refresh token? If so, will the refresh token work even days or weeks after expiration of the original token? I would like to be able to just skip the step of being sent over to the login page. Please let me know if this is possible.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar Authorization And Skipping Login Page

With something like 17 views and no answer I assume that no one really knows the tech answer. Luckily I did find the answers I was looking for on the developer center pages (after some digging)

https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/how-use-refresh-tokens

For those curious, yes you must authenticate to get the access token. After expiry you use the refresh token and these are good for up to 30 days.  You use the refresh token only once and it becomes invalidated. If used before the access token expires, it too is invalidated.

1 REPLY
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar Authorization And Skipping Login Page

With something like 17 views and no answer I assume that no one really knows the tech answer. Luckily I did find the answers I was looking for on the developer center pages (after some digging)

https://goto-developer.logmeininc.com/how-use-refresh-tokens

For those curious, yes you must authenticate to get the access token. After expiry you use the refresh token and these are good for up to 30 days.  You use the refresh token only once and it becomes invalidated. If used before the access token expires, it too is invalidated.