cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DevOpsUni
New Contributor

GoToWebinar for attendees opening in browser only

We are conducting webinars using GoToWebinar - Lite Plan and after registration attendees are getting an email to join the webinar all of them are getting invite with global.gotowebinar.com/XXXXXXX  and when they click on this it redirects to app.gotowebinar.com/XXXXXXX that take them to join from browser.

We have put on mute all the attendees by default and unmute them at the end of the webinar for open Q&A session, people those joined from browser neither we nor attendees can unmute them,

We are very much frustrated why its forcing everyone to join from the browser while Organizers and Panelists can join from Desktop App.

We have requested everyone to install a desktop app and try, still, it is not opening in-app by default.

It's ruining our webinar objective and people are giving very bad feedback. We called customer support and he was not able to help us and said it's beyond his control.

and When we try to join the webinar with the same link (attendees getting on their email), it's opening in the browser only however I have GoToWebinar Desktop installed on my machine.

Please help us on how to fix it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar for attendees opening in browser only

In the Lite version the Attendees have to use a web browser or mobile app to connect to  the webinar.  They can NOT use the desktop app.

If you want your Attendees to join the webinar using the desktop app, then you need to upgrade your account to the Standard or higher plan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

In the Lite version the Attendees have to use a web browser or mobile app to connect to  the webinar.  They can NOT use the desktop app.

If you want your Attendees to join the webinar using the desktop app, then you need to upgrade your account to the Standard or higher plan.

DevOpsUni
New Contributor

Hi Chris,

We conducted our webinar in May with the Lite plan and participants were able to attend it through the desktop application. I have tried two options -

1. When I am creating a new webinar by using the Copy Webinar feature from past events then attendees are able to join from the desktop application.

2.  When I have created a new webinar then attendees are not able to join from the desktop application and forcing them to join by web.

I appreciate your prompt action as we are having a hard time and losing our credibility.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

It appears you are getting lucky using the Copy Webinar function to access a feature that you have not purchased.