Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gauthem
New Contributor

GoToWebinar keep freezeing.

Hi, 

Need help with GoToWebinar. 

I endured a very bad experience with the GoToWebinar AWS  webinar session that was held recently. Firstly im a first time user of this GoToWebinar. My problem is the GoToWebinar session keeps freezes my session (the presenter and the sharing freeze, cannot hear a thing and the presentators mouse not moving a single bit) at first i thought something wrong with the presenter end. But after a while i thought something could be wrong and i click back the invite email link and it was ok for a while before happening again at an interval of 6 to 7 minutes it freezed. Not to miss the information on the webinar, ive forced  to keep re-open the link from the email again and again each time it happen.

I even searched google for some answers during the webinar session and found some mentioned Antivirus and some pointed to network. Ive verified all of them and all are good. My antivirus McAfee, has no issue (verified with my IT Dept), and even my network speed at that time of webinar was detected at 95mbps (close to 100mbps). and im Not even behind VPN nor any firewall blocking rules as well. All ive verified with my IT dept.

Im using Windows-10  64bit (10.0.18363) 

on HP EliteBook 840 G5

Im not sure how to attend future such AWS provided webinars and not sure what else to do to fix this.

Please help..

3 REPLIES 3
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar keep freezeing.

@gauthem  If this was a webcast webinar type, where you joined through your local web browser instead of the desktop app, then it may be a known issue affecting attendees when there is a change of presenter.  In this case try refreshing your browser window instead of closing and re-opening.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
gauthem
New Contributor

Hi @AshC ,

Thank you for your response. You are correct this is a webinar type which from the link when i opened, started in web browser (google chrome). But, there was no change of presenter. The same single presenter presented the 5 hrs webinar session. I did try the browser refresh and it didn't work too. I even cleared my browser cookies and retry, again same thing it freezes after 6 - 7 minutes.

Please help.. i have several very important AWS GoToWebinars in-coming that i shouldn't miss and if this issue reoccurs, then its will be a complete disaster again, i would be out-of-focus.. it would be useless for me to attend.. honestly speaking..

please help.. 😢

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

I'm afraid we may need some logs from the affected Chrome browser in order to see why the webinar stream keeps freezing without any presentation breaks.  In this case, Customer Support can help gather this info with you for the purpose of a detailed examination:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/how-do-i-contact-gotowebinar-customer-support-g2w090151

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!