cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Contributor

GoToWebinar links won't be open in GoToWebinar App, it throws error

I have Installed the GoToWebinar App in my mobile, and I have added GoToWebinar link in my mobile, but after GoToWebinar's app opens up, it throws error "Unable To join the Webinar", GoToWebinar has encountered an unexpected error, Please try again. (video link attached)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ZanBFZBW8kWTuVJgyD3gqa_1LEuu2ZcH

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 12.28.44 PM.png
Where-ever, if I didn't install the GOTOWebinar app and I open the same link in a mobile browser, it redirects to the webinar link properly.(video link attached)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10J6aIn1-ecrjunmbFXu-MnWB8Ti8WWtL

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 12.29.26 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5
LogMeIn Contributor

Re: GoToWebinar links won't be open in GoToWebinar App, it throws error

Hi @devteam-cpptl ,

Could you specify what device / model you are using currently with the GoToWebinar mobile app?

Are you utilizing a WiFi connection, or Mobile data?

New Contributor

I am on wifi connection and phone is iphoneX

LogMeIn Contributor

After you've successfully installed the GoToWebinar mobile app, you should then be able to click on the webinar join-link provided through the registration process. Check your email for these webinar communications if you haven't seen the link before.

New Contributor

After I've successfully installed the GoToWebinar mobile app, when I click on the link, it will open the GoToWebinar app. But it won't redirect to the webinar registration process and i am getting an error which I have attached in the issue.

LogMeIn Contributor

Right -- you would only go through the registration process one time, before the start or before joining a live GoToWebinar broadcast.  The image you posted previously appears to be for a GoToWebinar recording which cannot be watched from all operating systems -- but only those which have supported web browsers.  You may try to register for the event through an alternate browser, but it would need to support javascript to work correctly.