cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

Goto Webinar-Recording / Simulated LIve Q& A

Hi All,

Need small help & suggestion on how can I conduct my webinar.

I am planning to schedule a webinar with recorded video & LIve QA.

I know if I go for simulated options then LIve QA is not supported as of now.

I am planning to record a complete webinar with my 5 panelists in advance without attendees.

In that 5 panelists will speak about the topic & share presentation & video.  (I will record the same).

Then we will schedule another standard event that will add the same video & play.

So, I hope my attendees can raise hand & live QA will be possible.

Question:

1) Will my attendees can see all the panelists (face) video?

2) To record a system sound (played during the video) will also record directly?

3) How my attendee can see the event as a record player or real live event?

4) Will my attendee get to know that I am playing the video?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Goto Webinar-Recording / Simulated LIve Q& A

1) Will my attendees can see all the panelists (face) video?

Your Attendees will see what ever is in the first webinar when the presentation was made.  If you are showing the PowerPoint or other screen, as well as the webcams of your presenters, then this is what will be in the recording of that webinar.  There is a setting to include the webcam in the recording.  Be sure to set up a test webinar with a webcam to see if the webcam is actually being recorded.

2) To record a system sound (played during the video) will also record directly?

I assume you are talking about playing the video of the first webinar during the second webinar.  Everything that is in the recording of the first webinar will be there playing back during the second webinar. Be sure to use the Share-a-Video feature to play back your video.  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/share-a-video-beta-g2w090120 

3) How my attendee can see the event as a record player or real live event?

4) Will my attendee get to know that I am playing the video?

Your Attendees will be watching a webinar and will not know that it is a recording or a live broadcast.  During the webinar they can still text questions in the Question box and raise their hand during the video-playback part of the webinar.

The video plays back from the GoTo cloud rather than from your computer.  Thus the timing might be slightly off for each Attendee.  This means that if the video starts ten seconds late for one of the Attendees, then at the end of the video , when you decide to go live with Q&A, you might cut off the last ten seconds of that Attendee's video.  I have also had times where the video starts playing on my "Attendee" computer before it starts playing on my "Organizer" computer.  Usually it is within 5 seconds.

In the unlikely event that someone  connects to the webinar 15 minutes late, and you are showing a 30-minute video, for that Attendee, the video starts from the beginning.  They will see the first 15 minutes of the 30-minute video, up until the time where you stop showing the video and start the live Q&A.

Highlighted
New Contributor

Thanks a lot for the reply.

There is a setting to include the webcam in the recording. Be sure to set up a test webinar with a webcam to see if the webcam is actually being recorded.

Can you please let me know about the settings more in detail?
Respected Contributor

In the GoToWebinar Dashboard, there are five icons on the far left of your screen. The bottom one looks like a gear. Click that to open the Settings.  In the Recording section of Settings, there is a check box to "Show webcams in recordings."  Ensure there is a check in that box.

Highlighted
New Contributor

is there any solution for this The video plays back from the GoTo cloud rather than from your computer. Thus the timing might be slightly off for each Attendee. This means that if the video starts ten seconds late for one of the Attendees, then at the end of the video , when you decide to go live with Q&A, you might cut off the last ten seconds of that Attendee's video. I have also had times where the video starts playing on my "Attendee" computer before it starts playing on my "Organizer" computer. Usually it is within 5 seconds.

In the unlikely event that someone connects to the webinar 15 minutes late, and you are showing a 30-minute video, for that Attendee, the video starts from the beginning. They will see the first 15 minutes of the 30-minute video, up until the time where you stop showing the video and start the live Q&A.
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

What is the problem for which you seek a solution?  I just stated some facts, not trying to imply a problem.

Maybe the real question I should be asking is "what do you see in a perfect world?"