cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
New Contributor

GotoWebinar Opener Being Classified as ADWare

Anyone had problems with GotoWebinar Opener? Today I've tried to watch a webinar, but I couldn't because my AV solution detected the executable with hash SHA-256 8d2ef1dd8cdeb3244c0f1a6596871cfc8c07fa56131ba6875273d0 as an ADWare.

I researched and also uploaded this specific version to virus total, but only one engine detected it. But there is an older version reported in a different website as adware also - http://www.herdprotect.com/knowledgebase_resource.aspx?sha1=dc3f714c36b346c449a6c2df75762b04951637e6

I would like to know if somebody had this problem, and if so, if did a deep analysis of the executable.

Thanks.

Tags (2)
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Re: GotoWebinar Opener Being Classified as ADWare

Hi alexanderscouto,

What anti-virus solution are you using? From time to time there are false positives reported and have to contact the anti-virus company in question to have them correct this.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Highlighted
Active Contributor

It would be easier for your paying customers and our guests who are not able to attend webinars, if someone at LogMeIn would take this seriously.  I called and opened a ticket a few weeks ago and was not able to get any traction from anyone at LogMeIn to research what has changed that is causing these false positives.  Remember, next generation antivirus looks at the behavior of your software so if you are doing something that the bad guys do in their code, you need to review your code and make changes.

GotoMeeting is not flagged, but GotoWebinar is so clearly something is differnt and wrong with GotoWebinar code.

There is no way to test GotoWebinar...GotoMeeting tests work just fine.  Why isn't there a way to test GotoWebinar?

We use Cylance a next generation solution and it logs the SHA256 hash of the file in question and the half dozen people trying to attend a webinar today all had DIFFERENT hashes so it is impossible to whitelist...

Highlighted
New Contributor

This is the same problem. I tried to download GoTo Webinar several times, because I have a business partner that uses it. Everytime a new hash, and everytime blocked by Cylance.

Something is not right.

Highlighted
Active Contributor

I received confirmation that Cylance is aware and working on the issue so hopefully they can find a way to work around whatever logic is included in the GotoWebinarOpener.  At work I don't have a direct connection with Cylance since we have the product by way of another product that licensed the software.  I do have a home license so I plan on testing tonight to see if it is the same as the business license that we have.

Highlighted
LogMeIn Manager

Hi, I have reached out to our team so we can investigate this issue. If Cylance has the option to report a false positive through their software, please do so.

Glenn is a member of the LogMeIn Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!