cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SOKA-BAU
New Contributor

GotoWebinar only via Browser

Hello,
we want all webinars to only work via the browser. It must be possible without manually adding "? ClientType = html5" to the invitation url. When you click on the landing link, regardless of which webinar you participate in, you will first be selected via browser and then perhaps via the client or desktop version. When will this be available for analog teams, zoom, etc.?
Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: GotoWebinar only via Browser

Set up your webinars as a Webcast, rather than a Standard or Classic Webinar.  The Organizers and Panelists still use the GoToWebinar application, but all Attendees will join in a web browser.

Attendees have to use their computer speakers, they can not use the phone as their audio option.

Note: Regular Attendees cannot be promoted to be Panelist or Organizer.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @SOKA-BAU 

Chris is correct, at this time using the webcast option is the easiest way to achieve this currently. 

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
rgerber
New Contributor

Does GoToWebinar work on  another browser such as Edge? I have lots of people who will not use GoToOpener and just want to use a browser.  I am going to switch to Zoom.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @rgerber

Currently for Standard GoToWebinars if you are using a Windows PC or Mac that meets our system requirements we will automatically try to have you join by installing our desktop software as it provides the best user experience. If you are using a Linux PC or ChromeOS we will automatically have you join through the web browser, Chrome is preferred but any Chrome based browser should work. The next generation of GoToWebinar that we are currently working on will offer an improved browser based option to all attendees. We will start to share more details about this once we are closer to a release.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

rgerber

FYI - Edge is based on Chrome, so it should work.

mencik
Active Contributor

"The next generation of GoToWebinar that we are currently working on will offer an improved browser based option to all attendees. "

It is 9 months later. Has this new browser based option been released yet? I cannot use the download version in my office due to admin restrictions. This means that I can view webinars hosted by all your competitors that have browser options, but I must pass on anything using gotowebinar.com.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@mencik  If your computer / user account does not allow downloads, then GoToWebinar should pick up on that and send you naturally to the web version instead:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/join-a-webinar-online-instant-join-app-g2w030003 

In the future this process may ask you while in-browser how you want to join.  This functionality is still a few months away for webinars. 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
mencik
Active Contributor

It will allow me to download and run, but it never connects to webinar. There is something in our firewall that stops your connections, even though the tests work. I have asked repeatedly what is different between the test and the real connections, but nobody can or is willing to answer.

So, again, when will there be a browser only version that gives me audio? All our competitors already provide that. Unfortunately, there are still some companies using your product for webinars I want to see, but because of these issues, I can't.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

The browser version will connect to the same IP address' and a similar url for the live webinar broadcasts, so your firewall settings will still be relevant even when using the GoTo web app:  https://support.goto.com/webinar/help/optimal-firewall-configuration-g2w060025 

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!