cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ipdcpe2

Gotowebinar Organizer

We experienced a problem with a recent webinar. Some of our attendees were linked and watching the webinar, but they show up on the attendees’s report as not attending.
The reason why I noticed is because my partner registered was logged on but he showed up as no show.  He logged on at the very beginning of the webinar, and he did not know the report picked him up as no show.  I called his cell and heard the webinar over his cell phone.  On my control panel he was not listed as an attendee.  I noticed one attendee was listed on my control panel but on the attendee’s report she was a no show.  I did notice after the webinar started the number of attendees increased from 99 to 105.  Our problem is that our attendees register for the webinar to earn continuing education credits, and there has to be a record for the state and the CPA Board of Accountancy.  And we really don’t know if an attendee is logged on and not on the report and they will not receive CEU/CPE credits.
I don’t know if our increasing our seat capacity from 100 to 250, for some reason may have caused a flaw with the software, but you really have to address this problem.
Also listed below are some recommendations to improve the software for your clients.
As a user of Gotowebinar, it my opinion that it is the best software in the market.   I would like to suggest a user meeting of a vehicle for suggestions to improve the software.
My comments are as follows:
1.  We sponsor webinars for NewJersey’s government and school communities.  We often have a panel on our webinars, and it would be good for us to have the opportunity to drop a background for our presenters.  Your support team suggested ChromeCam, I purchased ChromeCam but when you move there is a blurr that follows the person.  Zoom and Team have a background drop in their software.  This would great for us having the presenters have one background.  Now each of our presenters have their own background, one broadcasting from their kitchen, living room and office.  Not good visuals for our audience and presentation.
2.  When the presenter has his/her picture being broadcast with their PowerPoint it is very difficult to see their PowerPoint.  The software should have the capability to move their picture, so that they can see their PowerPoint clearly without having to use two computers.
3.  We are getting quite a few requests from the hearing impaired to have the webinar have the ability for captions or to transcribe the webinar.  I was told that Gotowebinar has the ability for transcribing but one must purchase a more expensive software.
Sent from my iPad
1 REPLY 1
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Gotowebinar Organizer

I have trouble with folks who join with just the phone number, and then wonder why I don’t count them as having attended. This might not be the case for you.

“I would like to suggest a user meeting of a vehicle for suggestions to improve the software.”

That’s what we do here every day.

“2.  When the presenter has his/her picture being broadcast with their PowerPoint it is very difficult to see their PowerPoint.  The software should have the capability to move their picture, so that they can see their PowerPoint clearly without having to use two computers.”

I can’t imagine what you are doing to cause this problem. You should never need two computers to run a webcam and PowerPoint.  From the audience perspective, the webcam and PowerPoint are in two separate parts of the window. The audience can decide how big each of the window parts are, so one Attendee can make the PowerPoint really large and the webcam really small. Are you talking about what the Presenter sees or what the Attendee sees?  Please describe more what you are doing here, so we can offer suggestions.

“3.  We are getting quite a few requests from the hearing impaired to have the webinar have the ability for captions or to transcribe the webinar.  I was told that Gotowebinar has the ability for transcribing but one must purchase a more expensive software. Sent from my iPad”

I use the closed captioning feature in PowerPoint, and it works great with GoToWebinar.  As long as my computer is the GoTo Presenter, all Participants can see the captions. Even when someone else speaks, their voice shows up in the closed captions. You need a newer version of PowerPoint to do this.  I use a Macintosh computer, Mac OS 10.13.6 with PowerPoint version 16.43.  A college has a Windows computer, and PowerPoint closed captions works for her when she is presenting her screen in a GoToWebinar, but her computer will randomly pick up a few words when others speak.  I have not tested on other Windows computers.  Maybe it does not work as well as the Macintosh.  If I transfer the Presenter to someone else, then we do not see the closed captions unless I work with the person ahead of time to help them to turn on the closed captions in their PowerPoint.