cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Golder
Active Contributor

HELP!!! How to turn OFF the toll free number info in Reminder Emails for Webcasts

We do NOT want attendees to be able to call in during our webcast tomorrow. I was doing a final Quality Check and noticed that the registration confirmation email is correct. No phone numbers are included. However, the reminder email has the call in option for Attendees and I cannot customize the body of the reminder emails.

This cannot be sent. My only option was to turn off Reminder emails.  Please help the webcast is late tomorrow  evening! So, the first reminder has not been sent yet.

12 REPLIES 12
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Re: HELP!!! How to turn OFF the toll free number info in Reminder Emails for Webcasts

@Golder  If you physically have a copy of one of the Attendee emails showing telephone audio, please copy that here for a review.  Attendees in webcast webinars should all be connected to VoIP audio only, so any variation of this protocol would indicate a problem or mix up somewhere.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Golder
Active Contributor

Re: HELP!!! How to turn OFF the toll free number info in Reminder Emails for Webcasts

@AshC  - As I stated, the event is tomorrow evening. No reminders have been sent yet. Below is a preview of the Reminder email from GoToWebinar. I cannot customize it.

Golder_0-1617742865080.png

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I hate that "improvement" over the old way it was done.  If people follow those directions and connect with just a telephone, then I have no idea the are attending, and then they complain when I don't give them credit for attending, when they were there the whole time.

Please, can we stop sending the telephone number and generic PIN to the folks who have registered?

Golder
Active Contributor

@AshC  Can this be fixed before 3PM EST today? I would like to turn the Reminder emails back on, but with the phone numbers removed. Thank you.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @Golder 

Please review:

When you schedule a webcast webinar, it will detect your account's default audio settings and automatically apply them to the session. Note that only GoToWebinar's built-in audio modes can be used for webcast webinars (Computer audio and PSTN). Unlike standard webinars, it is not possible to modify a webcast webinar's audio settings once it has been scheduled.

• Organizers, co-organizers, and panelists can connect to audio via VoIP (Computer audio) or PSTN (Phone audio).
  • Attendees can only connect to audio via VoIP (Computer audio).

If you would like to change which audio options are available for staff during a webcast webinar, you must first change your default audio settings and then schedule the webinar.

The telephone information is only going to organizers and panelists. If you do not want organizers or panelists joining the webinar from their telephone you you can edit the webinar during scheduling> Settings >Audio and only check the box for Computer Audio (VOIP).

If you have already invited some Panelists but do not want them dialing in by telephone you can remove them as panelists and ask them to register as regular attendees, then promote them to Panelist in session if you need them to present in the webinar.

@Chris DroesslerI'm not sure what you mean by generic pin? Audio PIN codes are generated by the software when you connect and have telephone selected for audio, they are unique to each attendee. 

(edited initial reply GlennD)

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.

Free new user and admin training
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

When I said "generic PIN" I meant the number you find when you are looking at a webinar in the Dashboard and look in the Settings section.  They are listed as the three Audio Access Codes.  I should have said Audio Access Code. 

Golder
Active Contributor

Thank you @GlennD ; however, my issue is regarding the reminder emails to attendees. The phone numbers show in the reminder and we don't want them there. When attendees use the phone numbers, we don't know they are listening, because they don't show in the attendee list. We want to know who is in attendance. No phone call/number accessibility at all should be an option or be able to customize the reminder email content.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@Golder  Sorry if there was any confusion.  The Preview you see is not the exact version that everyone will receive.  Attendees in webcast mode will not receive any telephone audio information.  Telephone audio is strictly for Staff members when in webcast mode.

Ash is a member of the LastPass Community Care Team.

Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

NOTE: This response is for regular webinars, but it also applies to the Panelists for Webcasts.

I would prefer that the email to the Registrant says that "after you join the webinar you will have the option to use computer microphone and speakers or use the telephone."  But do not list the phone number in the email!  This was not an issue in the old days before someone decided to add the phone number to this email.

When someone joins the webinar and selects "telephone" as their audio choice, GoTo gives them the phone number, access code, and PIN right there.  Why put it in the email?  They don't need this information until they have already joined the webinar.

Many read this email and miss the phrase "after joining" and just assume that using a telephone all by itself is an option, which it is, but we can't give them credit for attending the webinar.

If you cannot remove the telephone number information from the email, then add a statement that says "You will not receive credit for attending this webinar if you connect using only the telephone!"  This could actually make it harder for us with folks thinking that they can not join a webinar using a smart phone.