cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

HELP! Recording not associated with the customized registration form

Help! Yesterday we did a webcast and we always have the automatically record button clicked. When we started the session, we got an error that said: "Unable to record to the cloud. Saving to your computer." 

The recording saved to our computers, and we converted and associated the link to the webinar through the follow up email. The email went out without the recording link. Now people are asking for the link, and our email inbox is overflowing. (9,200 people registered and we went over capacity of 3,000.)

We always puhlish the recording link  to  our custom registration form rather than the link that only requires the name and email address. However, that link leads to a page that says the webinar is over.  My sponsor expects complete data from people who watch the recording as promised in our contract, so the custom form must be associated with the recording as it always has been in the past. 

I don't know what went wrong with the recording, and at this point I do not care, I just need to fix this fast. HELP!

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
http://EngageStrat.com
7 REPLIES 7
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: HELP! Recording not associated with the customized registration form

You can also link your recording the past webinar registration page.  That would keep the folks from seeing the "webinar is over" message.

You do that in the Registration section of the online Dashboard.

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

@Chris Droessler Yes, that is what we did. We associated it with the past webinar through the follow up email. Is there another way to associate it?

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I always download my webinar recordings, edit them on my computer, and then upload them to the GoTo cloud.

There are three places I have to go to link my edited recording to the past webinar.

The Attendee and Absentee email messages are two of the places I have to link to my edited recording.

The third is to ensure that when someone follows an old URL to a past webinar, they are directed to my edited recording.  To do this, log in to the online Dashboard, locate your past webinar, then open the Registration section.  There you will find the After Session Video, where you can select the video to show when folks register for the webinar after the webinar is over.  They will get your custom webinar registration page, but then go straight to the video you selected.

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Yes, @Chris Droessler , that is what we did this time, only because the automatic cloud conversion did not work for the first time ever. But that does not answer the question: We associate the recording using the feature to associate in the follow up email. Is there another way to do that?

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I assume you linked the new video to the email messages before the email messages went out.

Fran_Simon
Valued Contributor

Ummmm. YES. 

Fran Simon
Engagement Strategies
Chris251
Active Contributor

I've also been having trouble with the after session video feature - sometimes it works, sometimes it plays the wrong recording, and sometimes it says that the webinar is over (even when a recording is linked). Fpr urgent cases, I usually end up either creating an on-demand webinar, or a live webinar that is only scheduled to last for 1 minute - once the webinar is over (I don't start it so there is no default recording), I will attach the recording I want and send out this link instead.