cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clara5
New Contributor

Help re: talking over demo

Hi - this is an urgent one. I am running an event in a couple of hours. I have loaded a demo with no sound into the system, the speaker plans on talking over it when played. I know the speaker's mic mutes itself at the point of playing the video but he can then switch it back on. 

In principle should this work? As I have just done a test event as an 'Attendee' and even though it registered I was talking, not sound was coming through -tested on 2 different devices. 

Thank you very much for help.

Clare 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: Help re: talking over demo

You are playing a video during a webinar?  If so, yes, the mic automatically mutes, but you can immediately unmute.  If there was sound on the video, then unmuting the mic might cause an echo, but since your video is silent, you should have no problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

You are playing a video during a webinar?  If so, yes, the mic automatically mutes, but you can immediately unmute.  If there was sound on the video, then unmuting the mic might cause an echo, but since your video is silent, you should have no problem.

Clara5
New Contributor

Thanks very much Chris - it did work :-). 

I can only assume it didn't work on the tests as they were on Apple devices. 

Appreciate your response 

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I always use Apple computers, and have never had a problem talking over a video.

I have not tried this on an iPad or iPhone.