cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

Hitting Record Mutes Audio Out

For years  I played audio (music) from a computer connected  to webinar via "phone call."  Music went from computer out to mixer and then phone patch played to webinar.  A year ago or so, something changed in GoToWebinar architecture and when any organizer hits record the audio out on my "phone call" connected computer is muted! (Win 10) I've worked around this limitation by employing an extra tablet not connected to webinar as music playback device, but sometimes I just need to play audio from computer.  I can also remedy by quickly adjusting  the Windows master volume after hitting record (yeah just the kind of hassle you need at top of a webinar!)  This off course results in an audio glitch at beginning of recording. LogMeIn support doesn't seem to understand the problem.  Would love to go back to a 2019 build but don't think that is possible. Anyone encounter this? Any other workarounds?

7 REPLIES 7
Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

Re: Hitting Record Mutes Audio Out

Actually the work around of quickly adjusting the Master volume is not practical. It results in an echo. It appears that when record is engaged, and Master volume tweaked, the webinar even though set to "Phone Call" is sending audio to the webinar (doubling the phone patch audio then.)  If someone can duplicate this I'd be extremely grateful.

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

When you say you send the music to the webinar using a "phone call" how do you do that? 

Do you log into the webinar as an Attendee, Panelist or Organizer and select Phone call for the audio? 

Or - Do you use just the telephone and dial in to the webinar and use the access phone number and access code? Do you use an Attendee or Panelist Access code?

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I assume the computer playing the music is not the same computer that is Organizing the GoToWebinar.

Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

Yes it is...but playing from a panelist machine sound like a plan.! (I was hoping you'd be lurking Chris!) Trying in 30 mins!

Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

I don't know why anything would be muted just because you start the recording.

Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

Well running audio via Panelist did  the trick! Much obliged. 
Yeah works fine as organizer as long as you don't hit record. I'm guessing the goto record signal is getting fed back into audio out because  if you force unmute you get doubled audio. wonder if it was a windows upgrade or GoTo Build that changed?

Mel-SoTSA
Active Contributor

Although running audio as a panlist does work,  it is a work around and not always convenient. Today I had to scramble because the computer I would normally us for  chatting/QA , needed to share screen and mouse. No problem, I thought I'll just answer questions on the other machine...forgetting of course that Panelist machines do not see questions.

This is a bug LogMeIn should address. It was not broken and something changed.  Any organizer hitting  record mutes audio out of all organizer computers even when connected to webinar via phone. Please fix!