cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bvdv-PartenaPro

How can I broadcast music before the beginning of the webinar?

I start always the webinars 5 min before, when de participants arrive they see a slide with the practical information and a countdown.  

During this 5 minutes I want to broadcast some music, how can I do this?

2 REPLIES 2
Chris Droessler
Respected Contributor

Re: How can I broadcast music before the beginning of the webinar?

You could play the music on your phone and have it near enough to your microphone to pick it up.  See the caveat below.

GoTo announced recently that there is a setting where you can play a sound coming out of your computer and send that to the webinar audience.  It has not been implemented for Macintosh computers, so I have not been able to try it.

Unless GoTo has changed it, there is a downward-expander audio filter that is designed to reduce the volume of background sounds, which ruins the sharing of music.  Softer notes will be reduced in volume allowing only the louder notes to be heard.  When that happens it is not really music anymore.  Maybe the new computer sound playback feature fixes this.  Anyone tried it?

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Re: How can I broadcast music before the beginning of the webinar?

Hi @Bvdv-PartenaPro 

Over the years I have seen this achieved in a couple of ways, but my recommendation would be:

1. Create an MP4 video of the slide and music
  2. Upload it to your webinar
  3. Start the webinar 5 minutes early and immediately play the video

The music will sound better as it will be coming directly from the computer and not through the conference call. 

@Chris Droessler the new audio sharing feature is available to Mac users, but you need to be using computer audio for the conference call. When you share your screen you should see a check box to enable it at the bottom of the preview screen. We do plan to bring this over to GoToWebinar as well, but in the new major version that we are currently working on coming later this year.

Glenn is a member of the GoTo Community Care Team.

Was your question answered? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution.
Was a post helpful or informative? Give it a Kudo!.
Do you want a new feature added? Make sure you Kudo (vote) for the Idea

Free user and admin training