Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Make sure you Kudo Ideas you would like to see implemented

Delete past webinars from the history

Delete past webinars from the history

Hi Team,

Can you help me to remove the test records entry into the GOTOWebinar. I want to delete them into the GTW but not found any correct method?

80 Comments
Brenda_Stutsky

Deleting "selected" historical webinars and/or meetings is a much needed feature. As noted, there are many "test" webinars that need to be deleted along with webinars that were pre-recorded - start/stop/start again. This would free up server space for GoToWebinar/Meeting and clean-up lists with unwanted webinars - starts to get confusing when pre-recording as to which webinar is the "right" final one.

Thanks

MJCrowley
Visitor
Why was this marked as a solution?
AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

@MJCrowley  Hi there,

The only 'solution' for requesting GoToWebinar history deletion is to create a case with Customer Support.  If you subscribe to this thread, we will let everyone know when/if this feature request is enabled.

ajv
New Contributor

Just wondering if there has been any progress on this feature?

We advertise our webinars on a webpage with the registration links and it seems as though people can register for events in the past. It would be great if we could delete past events, including those that were test runs when we started.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @ajv

I would recommend checking the settings for your webinars, anyone registering for a webinar after it's scheduled time should see a message that the webinar is over. If your webinar is set to send late registrants to the recording, that will be their experience instead.

MEDQOR
Active Contributor

I did ~5 practice sessions before the real webinar. Now when I'm lookin gat my analytics tab, it has "analytics" (basically zeros across the board) for these dry runs. It's a bit confusing because these practices have the exact same name as the real event. It would be good if there was a way to delete these analytics. Thanks.

GlennD
GoTo Manager

Hi @MEDQOR 

Did you use the Practice Mode feature to host them or did you schedule webinars and host them as tests?

ibuceta

It would be very important to be able to eliminate previous events (webinars performed). Normally when we do a webinar through your application, we will test beforehand. It would be very important to be able to eliminate those test events so that they do not influence the statistics of the webinars that are real.

AshC
Retired GoTo Contributor

Hi @ibuceta ,

We have this enhancement up as an improvement idea currently, and are considering it for future GoToWebinar development.

dpridmore
Visitor

Lack of this functionality is sloppy or lazy programing.  Everyone does 'test events' to try out the platform, the inability to delete these is dissapointing.